Universal The World II Hunting BOSS [by Good net technology Co., Ltd.]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by heringer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Sorry if already posted, I couldn't find it.

The World II

Good net technology co. Ltd
    = = = This game doesn't contain any kinds of micro transactions = = = This is a game for you to face off gigantic monst…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    = = = This game doesn't contain any kinds of micro transactions = = = This is a game for you to face off gigantic monsters while progressing through the story to become the epic hero of the world. One of the most anticipated game in China is now available in North America! Description: Pay to win a game doesn't always sound exiciting and meaningful, now here is a game that is all about slaying giant monsters, earn bounties, and perform some stylish moves. It is all up to you and your team to decide what to do next! At the beginning you may have only 1 hero to choose from with limited resources. As you explore around the biggest city of Teros, you can develop the team by having heroes strike against the biggest monsters of the land, earn yourself some fames and money from doing good deeds to the land, or just fill up your wallet from some casual works. The more you build up, the more heroes will lend their strength to you, increasing the strength of your team to help your heroes for the upcoming epic battles. Players have the chance to fight against the most dreadful, fiercest, and gigantic bosses from the moment they enter the game, surrounded by a destructible 3D environment. Fighting mobs is not always an interesting experience and can be sometimes annoying, players can face off threatening monsters right away! Can you feel the breath of the enemies? Do you meet up the expectations? Can you become the greatest hero? Play to find out! Cooperation please contact E-mail: [email protected] Https://www.facebook.com/TheWorldOnline2
    Information
    Seller:Good net technology co. Ltd
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Nov 05, 2014
    Updated:Jan 08, 2019
    Version:1.4.3
    Size:545.3 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Nice find this looks really good.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow this looks incredible. I see on Steam there's a lot of anticipation for it. Hopefully it releases globally tonight.

It's hard to tell if it's an online only game or not however. But since it's paid I hope not.

4. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    Saw a mention of this on neogaf. Soft launch or worldwide release? Any impressions?

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Wow! This looks cool!

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    It looks almost like a monster hunter / beat em up hybrid. If it was in the US I probably would've just TOFTT.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #8 Vovin, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    The World II Hunting BOSS [by Good net technology Co., Ltd.]

The World II

Good net technology co. Ltd
    = = = This game doesn't contain any kinds of micro transactions = = = This is a game for you to face off gigantic monst…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    = = = This game doesn't contain any kinds of micro transactions = = = This is a game for you to face off gigantic monsters while progressing through the story to become the epic hero of the world. One of the most anticipated game in China is now available in North America! Description: Pay to win a game doesn't always sound exiciting and meaningful, now here is a game that is all about slaying giant monsters, earn bounties, and perform some stylish moves. It is all up to you and your team to decide what to do next! At the beginning you may have only 1 hero to choose from with limited resources. As you explore around the biggest city of Teros, you can develop the team by having heroes strike against the biggest monsters of the land, earn yourself some fames and money from doing good deeds to the land, or just fill up your wallet from some casual works. The more you build up, the more heroes will lend their strength to you, increasing the strength of your team to help your heroes for the upcoming epic battles. Players have the chance to fight against the most dreadful, fiercest, and gigantic bosses from the moment they enter the game, surrounded by a destructible 3D environment. Fighting mobs is not always an interesting experience and can be sometimes annoying, players can face off threatening monsters right away! Can you feel the breath of the enemies? Do you meet up the expectations? Can you become the greatest hero? Play to find out! Cooperation please contact E-mail: [email protected] Https://www.facebook.com/TheWorldOnline2
    Information
    Seller:Good net technology co. Ltd
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Nov 05, 2014
    Updated:Jan 08, 2019
    Version:1.4.3
    Size:545.3 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Just bought it. The graphics are super impressive, movements and animations are totally fluid and the controls work outstandingly well. But just looked in for a few minutes. No clue what it is all about.

For lots of videos, look here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=277012680

In the game, it always says that it is coming in December. Guess they mean Steam? It also says in the game "The World II single version". Looks like the is a multi-player online version in the works, it also says so in the app description.

Oh, and a few help screens aren't translated yet. But that's no problem. I found no trace of IAP.

But really, the graphics may make you go like "holy ship!".

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks Vovin. I LITERALLY no joke, checked the app store every 1 hour yesterday (since it released in NZ only yesterday) for this to release in the US. I was ready to dump all my money. I was reading up on this on the Steam thread.

Since you have it can you give me a quick impression? Does it look like a game that would last a while? Is the combat pretty fun? I also heard there's like 30 or so characters on the steam version, can you see any hint of that here? And does it require an online connection?

If you say it's worth a pick up, I'll buy it right away :)

Based on the Steam articles it's supposed to be a monster hunting game where you only fight bosses and unlock characters. Though I have no idea how that would work in the long run.

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This looks too good to be true. Is there some sort of level up system or anything like new weapons or unlocking new abilities?

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #11 Vovin, Nov 5, 2014
    It's so crisp, so graphically impressive, it's worth the $2 just to show other people "hey, look what my iPhone can do!".
    Even the character screens, you character moving around, it's truly pretty.

The game seems to feature a bunch of monsters, but dunno how much, exactly. You can level up your character, get tons of new equip. Maybe it's a bit like Monster Hunter where you fight stronger versions of some beasts later.

It's lots of fun to beat up those giants, but I can't say anything about the content and lenght of the game yet.

But that online version with over 80 monsters piqued my interest now! Already bookmarked it on Steam.

And... mate, you'll buy it anyway, so what am I talking? :p :D

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Damn you Vovin.... .... bought... lol.

Btw, just to be sure, do I need an internet connection for this? I generally don't pay for any solo games with internet requirements.

However if there's an online version later down the road, we shall play togehter :)

12. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Be sure to get killed by each boss. They have some gruesome death scenes.

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Okay game is pretty awesome. These graphics.. wow. It's feels like I'm playing an arcade version of MH. Though not nearly as hard and no equips yet. Looking at the character info screen it does seem to have equipment and other stuff available to unlock but I'm not sure if they're in the game or they're updates.

Only complaint so far is that the attacks sound really weak. It feels like like I'm hitting the foot soldiers in Dynasty Warriors with my regular attack. I noticed that I usually have an issue with sound effects in Chinese games for some reason :\

Anyhow, awesome so far. A neat trick is there are 6 different camera modes by hitting the top left corner. Some are pretty dynamic (though impossible to play with).

14. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Dang, your good. 100% agree. It needs louder more powerful attack sounds like when you make a hit and they hit you. It does have a bad dynasty warriors feel. It doesn't feel like I'm attacking a monster. Maybe it needs some more physics like better knock back. Also the monsters don't feel that solid. I can pretty much walk through them.

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #16 Vovin, Nov 5, 2014
    Yeah, ARPG or arcade version of Monster Hunter fits pretty well.
    I really like it, this is a Diablo-like brawler, just that you always have bosses around you and no foot soldiers. I don't mind that the sounds aren't that bombastic, but for an Asian RPG, there should be a big BANG KABOOM from time to time. I think that lack of solidness of the monsters has gameplay reasons. But I enjoy it as it is, and the destroyable arenas are fun. The two bucks are not wasted.

Lol, and I didn't saw the different camera modes before, too much action going on. Thanks for the advice. In some cam modes, when the Boss is charges toward you, it's graphically even more impressive now. Esprecially cam mode 4 is good.

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah. I hope they could improve on it a bit but it's really awesome. I love the character select screen (which I can't see anymore). The loading screen did say 30 characters but I'm wary if this stuff is "update content". I see evolution and a lot of other things that aren't accessible. And I'm worried there won't be too many monsters but I guess I'll have to keep playing.

Funny thing is I feel like this game should be nearly a gig but it's half the size. But maybe they're good at compression as MHFU is an incredibly small game for its size.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #18 Vovin, Nov 5, 2014

The devs are active on Steam, I can shoot them a mail and invite them to tA, maybe they check in here. This way, we could give them a few suggestions.

Afaik now, there are 3 starting characters in the single player version. You can choose one and have to play through the D Mission set to get access to the other characters. Equip, evolvement and other things open up as you progress in the game. But you can always delete the data in the options screen and start with a new character from the selection Screen, if you picket the wrong class or want to try out the other characters. Violet wears black panties, btw., and her rack is really a bouncy one when she runs. Hurray for fan service. ;) :D

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The multiple description to MH in arcade-ish form is very... Seductive. Should I? Or should i wait a bit to see what updates hit first?

19. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Perfect idea! This game is fun and I would love to hear from them. :D