Star Defense DLC

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cyberguy2, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Cyberguy2

Cyberguy2 Active Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Am I the only one who feels cheated of new Star Defense maps? At the WWDC Ngmoco said they were adding THREE MORE map packs. So far, we have yet to see any new content besides the recent addition of a couple challenge planets and push notifications (no, the challenge planets are not new planets, just planets we already had that we can now use in challenge mode). I understand we shouldn't have paid for a future update because these things aren't always certain but still, Ngmoco hasn't said ANYTHING about this. They've been completely ignoring any issues related to the game in their own forums. Would anyone else like to get at least a confirmation from Ngmoco as to whether it's coming or not?

2. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    The game is WAY overrated anyway...I think people felt the need to say it was good because it was expensive and it was so hyped. There are MUCH better TDs out there. They can add 50 maps and unless they change the gameplay it's still going to be a third tier TD title.

3. hdgreen

hdgreen Well-Known Member

im abit disappointed by the fact that no one has really added any downloadable content to their apps. It makes apples 3.0 even less worthwile and im abit miffed at spending money on it.

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Truth be told!

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I love Star Defense, can't wait for the DLC to show up. I'll send some emails to my contacts at ngmoco and see what they have to say. You're right, it has been quite a while.

6. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I'd rather them spend time on finishing their upcoming games than update Star Defense.

7. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I feel the same way about Star Defense. Still love it but its been a while for the DLC. I hope they come back with some solid info.

8. Cyberguy2

Cyberguy2 Active Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Cool, it's great to see that something's being done. Hopefully they respond, even if it is a confirmation that nothing's coming.

9. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    +1

I hate this :mad:

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Maybe you should try to come up with something more worthwhile to post than spamming "+1"?

11. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    He should have just pulled a Maxime move with this:
    +1 :D:p:eek::mad:;):eek::eek::cool::(:confused:

12. iStephen

iStephen Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Ohio
    i absolutely love ngmoco:)

however, Star Defense was a huuuge disappointment. It's so bad that, even tho i got it for a cheaper price of $1.99,i still regret it.

Games like GeoDefense and The Creeps are so much better and they were only $0.99 each

Bring on FPS and TouchPet Dogs!

13. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I for one, highly enjoy the controls, graphics, and sounds of star defense. Sure they could add more maps and towers, but all in all, its a good game.

14. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    LOL, you guys never learn your lessons don't you.

Unless you really trust the devs, don't buy in to the "buy this game now and get updates later" POS.

Sorry, i have to rant about this issue whenever i see these threads pop up because i believe this type of consumer behavior is what will cause iphone games to become crappier and crappier and crappier...

PS: I brought this game assuming no updates coming and i still absolutely hated it. It is such a shallow TD game that made GeoDefense Einstein-like in comparison. The only bright spot is the fancy 3D graphics.

15. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    There was a point where I was saving money for DLC. I am glad I didn't keep doing that.
    Anyway, I think this is a good game. They have given it updates so I think they will come through. The main problem I have is not being able to quit and return to the map I was playing, but this seems to be an issue in almost every full 3D game.