Lux Touch

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by stuffradio, Sep 30, 2009.

1. stuffradio

stuffradio Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Has anyone played this game? I've had it for months now and I love it! It has a lot of replay value because the game is different every time.

It's RISK without other Human players, so your games go a lot quicker. There is also a paid version which is Lux Deluxe or something... for $7.99 last I checked.

2. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Yeah its pretty good, have to say is the best risk clone out there. If you want a cheap good solution for another game similar try strategery

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah, I own the free version. I thought that it was pretty good. Is it just me, or is the game really hard? I have never won. Is there any way to change difficulty level? I must really suck at these strategy type games.

4. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    yeah you just suck lol, the first thing you have to do is to find your back. Which means find a place where you cannot be surrounded and start from there and conentrate your attack and don't spread out your forces too thin.

5. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    I got Lux DLX when it was on sale

6. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    yeah I wish it would go on sale...beacuse I already have the desktop version but I want the portable one too.

7. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Argentina is my favorite spot to start. It easy to defend South America and then to move onto North America and Africa.

8. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State

Lux DLX 3 - Map Conquest Game

Sillysoft Games
    Lux DLX is an epic game of strategy & conquest. Similar to the board game RISK, but better! Features: over 100 maps, s…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Lux DLX is an epic game of strategy & conquest. Similar to the board game RISK, but better! Features: over 100 maps, smart AI, fast UI, universal app, hotseat multi-player, and many more options! 100+ Maps include: - Australia Mini - Brasil Mini - British Isles Mini - Canada Mini - China Mini - Earth vs Mars - Europe Mini - France Mini - Germany Mini - Italy Mini - Japan mini - Rome mini - USA mini - 100 more for no extra charge! HD maps designed to fit tablet screens include: - Canada HD - Franco-Prussian War HD - King Arthur - Napoleonic Wars HD - Rome HD - Silicon Valley HD - Spanish Civil War HD - Vietnam War HD - WWII Battles series - and more! No hidden in-app fees, everything is included in the single purchase. Warning: this game has serious replay value! Version 3 adds: - Quick-buttons for Auto-Advance and All-In-Attack modes. - Enhanced OpenGL graphics engine. - Supports widescreen iPhones. - More maps! Version 2 adds: - Extra hard Reaper AI. - Game menu. - iPad full-screen support. - Download multiple maps at once. - Hotseat multi-player improvements. - More maps! Tips to Win: - attack with 3 or more armies for best odds - take over 1 enemy country per turn for a card - fully eliminate an enemy and you get their cards Try out our other game Lux Touch for free. Lux DLX is a mobile version of Lux Delux, available for desktops and laptops. Wage a virtual war and conquer the world. Roll the dice, take a risk and win! "Because taking over the world is fun!" Lux is not associated with the board game RISK.
    Information
    Seller:Sillysoft Games
    Genre:Board, Strategy
    Release:Dec 19, 2008
    Updated:Mar 26, 2019
    Version:3.25
    Size:89.6 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

9. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    ...what was the point of that...postwhore:rolleyes:lol

10. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Australia is the easiest one to defend. :)
    I have the DLX version and it allows you to download many more maps. Some are really hard. Some maps are too big for iDevice (too much scrolling around) thats my only complaint. Overall, though, extremely enjoyable.

11. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Lux DLX is by far the best Risk type game currently in the app store

EA is developing Risk, hopefully it will be out soon

12. stuffradio

Jul 10, 2009
    I win at least 80% of the time, but sometimes I have a few games where I lose because I choose a crappy strategy :p

@eugekava Australia is a cheap way to win, but it's one of my fav strategies :)

13. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    it'll probably be cheaper than this one but I'd still wait as ea almost never updates and I don't want a broken game

14. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I agree about EA. They are the worst developer when it comes to support. If Risk is not perfect when it comes out I will not get it.

15. stuffradio

Jul 10, 2009
    I haven't received any new updates for Sim City in like... 5 or 6 months :D

16. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    they wont be coming so dont hold your breath;)