So how many games.....

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by souskei, Oct 12, 2009.

1. souskei

souskei Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    i dont know if this has been discussed in the past as the search came fruitless..

but i wanted to know how may games people around here have purchased and are currently installed on you iPhone/iPod..

as i just hit the 200 mark (not including any other genre of app besides games), i think im having a little buyers remorse. I have about 80 on my iPhone

ive beaten about 20 of the games i have, and i think i have this issue where i like to have alot of games vs actually playing them...

actually im just trying to make myself feel better and hoping someone has Purchased (not pirated) ;) more than me..

(and yes i do have a jailbroken phone, and am very "educated" in the ********** area, but as a computer science major, and for moral reasons, i cant let the devs of great games go unsupported)

so yeah.. im just wondering...
    how many games have you bought?

Thanks-- and sorry again if this has already been discused

Edit* Oh... i didnt know we werent allowed to name certain cydia programs.. Sorry bout that :)

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Around 400-ish, which I think is kinda low compared to others :p

3. souskei

Sep 1, 2009
    400 games?? How many of those have you actually beaten?

But thanks.. I font feel so bad with my measly 200 now 

4. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Im actually quite proud of my 46 games... They were each individually hand-picked from the sea of 2nd rate games that is the iphone app store.

5. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I currently have 162 installed on my phone right now....12 pages

And have been around for over a year with the appstore. I've easily downloaded over 2,000 apps. I've lost count of how many I've purchased, but it's a lot.

Probably $600+ on games. Majority of that was iTunes gift cards though luckily :D

6. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    ive got 125 games, not much compared to you guys. atm ive got 91 on my ipod.

7. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I've spent about a total of $100 on the App Store, and have downloaded about 50 games total. :rolleyes:

8. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Close to 900 purchased

don't worry, your number isn't too out of hand.

I have no plans to stop buying iPod games!

9. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    So far i have 210( 180 games ca.) in my iTunes library.

I've paid for them about 300-400 SFR.

But on my iPhone i have only the best of the best stuff:D

10. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    My phone has about 200 apps on it, I only play about 30 of them currently but keep the rest on because theyre good and just for the hell of it one day ill play them to their entirety. I have downloaded somewhere around 500 apps total. It never ends they just keep coming out with good ones every couple days. Out of all the apps I own I have completed about 50. Many of the other games are pickup and play type games and cannot be "beat" so to speak, you just play them to earn scores.

11. souskei

Sep 1, 2009
    Yeah.. I only keep the best stuff on my iPhone.. But everytime I look at the iPod/iPhone game thread.. I find another and add it.. Haha..

Maybe I should just stop visiting TA and start actually playing my games I've bought.. Cuz there's always gonna be something new I'll want to tryout..

And I don't think I've known anyone spend over a grand in just apps.. Well if u got the money.. Why not ;)

12. w00dYd3luXe

w00dYd3luXe Member

Oct 9, 2009
    i have 68 games, but i think it becomes too much now o0

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Honestly, with the number of quality games that go free-for-a-day, its not even necessary to buy all that many games to have too many to play. I havent spent much more then, rough ballpark, $50 total, as I'm patient and dont shell out the money right away for new games.

Right now the whole family (well, the portion that can read anyway) is having some fun with textropolis for example -- thanks Nimblebit!

14. zman

zman Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Texas
    I purchased 81 games so far. I only play like 10 of them now though.

15. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I used to have 7 pages of apps, now I only have 27 games installed

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I won't say how many apps I've purchased, but I've got XX.02 in the account (and I've purchased more than 2 apps ;))

I've got over 1500 apps files, though that includes free/beta/promo obtained apps. Had my iPod die when it got confused and tried to install everything at once (had just over 1000 apps in the library at that time, which as been fixed!)

I've already picked up two great promos this morning (Double Maze and AfterShock) and am considering purchasing Wriggle...

Definitely an App Addict. :)

17. matth252

matth252 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    wow :p i only have like 30 games on my itouch ^^ and i haven't spent more than 6 euro's so far, its easy wen you have a rich apple fanboy buddy who buys all the expencive major games that go for 4 euro each and then he gives you his account details so I can play all his games for free :p

18. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

203 apps, almost all of them games. Some bought out of support for the developer, some out of curiosity, some just for research.

Wholeheartedly enjoyed about 30 of them :)

19. souskei

Sep 1, 2009
    I think I'v wholeheartedly enjoyed about 15.. I really gotta stop looking in the app store.. I play 7cities and then buy geodefense.. And there goes 7cites.. I buy the creeps.. And there goes geo.. I buy bloons.. And there goes the creeps.. And it goes on and on..

Well at least i know if the internet explodes, and has a melt down, I'll finally be able to play all my games I payed but never played

20. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    I don't remember anymore, but I'm def over 1000, prob close to 2k-2.5k