What's the iOS game most similar to Bungie Myth II?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by lategaming, Apr 16, 2011.

1. lategaming

lategaming Member

Somewhat resigned to never seeing Myth II on an iPad any time soon* so I'm wondering what game out there most accurately captures the feel of the game?

Not looking for a full RTS. An RTS is a mix of resource collection (Farmville), tower defence (PvZ) and real-time tactics (Myth).

*John Siracusa and Wil Shipley talked about porting it and previous to that I had spoken to Take2 about who owned the rights. Both dead ends.

2. lategaming

lategaming Member

#2 lategaming, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
    Just a little bump to catch the Monday crowd as the weekend traffic was light.

Are there any games which capture RTT game play without tower defence, resource collection or unit generation.

3. spongefile

spongefile Active Member

Jun 21, 2009
    web dev concept designer
    Helsinki, Finland
    How dead were the dead ends? I still have my fingers crossed. Haven't found anything like it. Maybe it's time to poke Gameloft to make a copy :D

4. Noahboa

Noahboa New Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Just registered for the sole purpose of bumping this old thread. I too have been searching for months for something like Myth on iOS and sadly it just doesn't seem to exist. I would love to see a battlefield RTS with NO resource management or buildings, just pure battlefield tactics, where formation, unit control and terrain actually matters.

Hope it happens some day. Touch screen interface is perfect for this kind of game, and I think there's a pretty large market that would go for it.

5. lategaming

lategaming Member

There are very few Real Time Tactical games on IOS. One I tried yesterday which is very story driven is Walking Dead Assault. It's squad based and a million and ten times better than Borderlands Legends.

6. Jensen

Jensen Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    I really miss playing Myth (esp. Myth 2). I really wish something like it existed for iOS!

7. lategaming

lategaming Member

*bump*

Years later and still nothing.

I wish I knew how to code. Or had a million dollars lying around.