iPad Airplay or iPhone remote games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Pezmc, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Pezmc

Pezmc New Member

Dec 16, 2012
    #1 Pezmc, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    Hi all,

The christmas period is coming up and I'm trying to find games that we can play with our flat mates.

We have the following available:
    - Projector with AirPlay/Mirroring
    - iPad's (3)
    - At least an iPhone/iPod touch per person.

I've been looking for games that you can play as a group, the possible combinations I've found for this are:

• Games that use multiple iPhones as controllers on the iPad (then you can mirror the iPad display to the projector) [iPad+iPhone]
    • A "pass the iPad" game that supports AirPlay, either teams or by person [Pass]
    • Games for Mac/Windows that support iPhone as controllers [PC+iPhone]

So far I've found:

Party Doodles [Free][Pass]
    PadRacer [$4.99][iPad+iPhone]
    Scrabble [$8.99][iPad+iPhone] (requires interaction with iPad)
    Risk [£4.99][Pass]

Do you know of any other games that support any of these formats?

2. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #2 chris1a, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    Sparkling poker is supposed to work with a setup like that. IE the iPad acts as a poker table which you can send via AirPlay to your projector. And a separate app with the players cards on each iPod/iPhone that connects to the poker table/iPad.

Sounds good, have no idea if it is tho. Check the thread further down this forum.

Edit: Real racing 2 is supposed to work like that too (iPhones connected to a main iPad for local multiplayer).

3. Pezmc

Pezmc New Member

Dec 16, 2012
    I'll see if I can get Sparkling working.

The only problem with Real Racing 2 is all the "controllers" have to buy the game too!

4. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Yea that can get a bit expensive. I think EAs FIFA games does it too. No clue if its the same in that each iPhone needs the game or if they have a separate controller app released.

5. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Real Racing 2 is sure to go on sale again next week

6. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Doesn't Monopoly also support a setup like that?

7. Pezmc

Pezmc New Member

Dec 16, 2012
    x

Ignore...

8. Macvanderspek

Macvanderspek Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Pezmc,

Glad you are looking for a game for a setup like this, we specifically designed Sparkling Poker for this type of setup.

It works really great with Airplay, as you don't need any interaction with the iPad or iPhone (playing table). You can play with up to 5 players, as long as you have a total of six devices available.