Midnight Star [Unreal Engine/Shooter] by Industrial Toys

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by defred34, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeeshan

zeeshan New Member

Dec 4, 2012
    #41 zeeshan, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    Hey every 1

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today on the Internetz, Industrial Toys announced Morning Star, the first adventure in their ambitious Morning Star universe, set to be released in Spring 2013 for iOS devices.

The game is a complete reimagining of the science fiction shooter, combining pillars of the genre such as deep immersion and intense action with controls, community and competitive multiplayer specifically designed for mobile platforms.

2. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    #42 defred34, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    The problem is, you guys are blatantly claiming to make a "reimagined" game for hardcore gamers. If there is anything a hardcore gamer on iOS (or hell, anywhere!) doesn't like, it is on-rails and a re-imagined controls system (history proves as much).

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    ^He speaks the truth. What hardcore, onrails games come to mind? Ummm...that Dead Space game on the Wii? That's pretty much it.

4. tofusoup

tofusoup Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Game Designer
    San Francisco
    If it's anything like Sin and Punishment 2, I would buy it.

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Sin and Punishment for the n64. Way better than House of the Dead, Dead Space Wii and any other on-rails shooter IMO.

6. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    I couldn't agree more. They should listen to community because this has/had potential

7. Thankyousteve

Thankyousteve Member

Mar 30, 2012
    On rails does not redefine anything

8. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    What're you talking about?

9. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Yup.

10. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    I know you guys might want to throw a hissy-fit here, but I should inform you all on one of the best on-rails shooters, Dead Space: Extraction. I'm not kidding when I say that game totally redefines the genre. If this game takes some cues from that title, we might have a winner on our hands.

Plus, I loved RAGE Mobile.

11. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #51 sicksilvo, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  12. clever_bug

clever_bug Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2012
  13. clever_bug

clever_bug Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2012
  14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Didnt watch any of the videos above, but im glad it's moving along fine, eventually finding its way into my ithings.

15. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Eh... I'm still keeping that puke in the box, ready for shipment on the release date.

16. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I'm pretty late to the party here, but I'd love to see this come out soon in full fighting form. Maybe not so soon? :confused:

17. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Totally forgot about this.

18. thewzrd

thewzrd Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Don't forget, puke or wonder! We're still cranking away on the game. Actually, do wonder. We hit our feature compete milestone a little bit ago and we'll have more details rolling out all the time. We're working on a full preview of Alpha, the graphic novel app that will accompany the game, that should hit in a few weeks.

It's coming along great, will be interested in seeing what you guys think once it's in your hands. I'm working on some environment previews too.

19. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Nice. Can't wait for the updates

20. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Okay, to people trying to claim what "hardcore gaming" is, and what a hardcore gamer would or would not play...shut the hell up. As a hardcore gamer of 30 years now, I enjoy every type of game(a true hardcore gamer statement), and have been a fan of rail shooters since the earliest sprite based Terminators to the earliest polygonal Virtual Cops, and to the latest the HotD and Time Crisis games have to offer. What makes a game hardcore isn't dictated by the genre it's in, and what makes a hardcore gamer isn't dictated by the genres they do or don't play. So much bullcrap I'm reading from what I'm assuming is a newer generation of gamer...

I'm looking forward to this with an open mind, and can't wait to see more/get more info.