Should Apple buy Nintendo?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by klink, Dec 4, 2013.

1. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I know this is total crazy talk but I think Nintendo and Apple could be a good fit together. Apple could do what they do best and make great hardware and this would free Nintendo up to do what they do best which is make great games. Both companies pride themselves on being true innovators and creating new experiences. Since Nintendo doesn't really cater to hardcore gamers I don't think it would be that big of a problem that Apple's hardware is multipurpose. Owning Nintendo would give Apple exclusive rights to the most valuable IP in gaming. Apple could start locking in new users at a very young age.

2. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    That's a terrible idea

3. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    There's more of a chance SEGA releasing - Shenmue III than Apple buying Nintendo.

4. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    What you guys don't see it??? I'm worried Nintendo is going to wither and die if they don't do something big.

5. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Nintendo has 11 billion in assets. they will be fine

6. deadlock32

deadlock32 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I dont see it happening. Nintendo had its time wayyyy back then. I think Nintendo will unfortunately die off within the next 5 years or so.

7. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    again, not gonna happen

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Never going to happen

9. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    #10 Snozberry, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    NO Y WOULD YOU WANT TO RUIN FOND MEMORIES OF MY CHILDHOOD YOU SICK HUMAN BEING. please just deactivate your account and go and sit in the corner and think about what youve done, you sick, sick man.

But in all seriousness, apple probably have offered to buy Nintendo before, they can't stand nintendos rejection, and when big companies can't stand rejection they either buy them out, or make an exact clone of the company.
    I don't believe Nintendo would sell their soul to apple.. Nintendo have been around a lot longer than apple, over a hundred years, and they know how to keep a business running and how to constantly recreate themselves.
    apple is a one trick pony. I love their phones and iPads for one reason, the content on the AppStore, of it wasnt for 3rd oarty developers, apple would be fueled by nothing but fanboy sheep. Apple should not be taking a 30% cut of games when it's what makes it.

Tldr- Nintendo has been around a long time, apple has not really stood the chance of time just yet.....Nintendo know more tricks than apple and know how to innovate. Nintendo > Apple.

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, that's not gonna happen ever. I assume by now klink woke up from that funny dream he had. :rolleyes:

11. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Quite a disgusting idea, but seeing you acknowledge that it's total crazy talk, perhaps there is some hope for you yet.

12. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    This is like saying Apple should buy Microsoft.....

13. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #14 klink, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    You guys laugh all you want but wait until Nintendo releases their holiday numbers.

14. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Well the Wii U has been selling well this holiday, especially in Canada

15. I think it would be more interesting to see what would happen if Nintendo bought Apple.

16. M.O.

M.O. Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Apple could offer to buy Nintendo, and if a majority of Nintendo's shares (with voting rights) vote yes than they would be forced to take the money for their shares or receive an equivalent (monetarily so) amount of apple stock. At that point Apple would own Nintendo.
    Also I can't see Nintendo going out of business, in a worst case scenario situation they would become like an Atari; in that they would be a paper company that owns a lot of valuable IP.
    More than likely though, they will both keep chugging along.

17. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I bought a ton of Wii U and 3ds games this past Black Friday and cyber Monday. And saw a lot of Wii Us and 3DS XLs being bought. I'm pretty sure they will succeed this holiday. The media just likes to portray Nintendo as doing poorly but they had a great strategy this holiday seeing a lot of marketing and I think they will do really well.

18. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
  19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well lets wait for the actual figures, i heard Playstation was totally outselling the new X-Box so they've won that Xmas war. Interested to see actual Nintendo figures