"Dead Panic" Strategy / Shooter Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by smasher, Aug 10, 2009.

1. smasher

smasher Active Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Hi everyone, I'm Sean Maher, the developer of "Dead Panic", a zombie game for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It's a shooter/strategy hybrid with (I think) an original gameplay hook.

Here are some exclusive screen shots, not displayed on the Dead Panic web site:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dead Panic has a 13-level campaign with a sci-fi storyline, instant loading/saving for quick games, ipod integration, and a full soundtrack. If you like the atmosphere of Half-Life 2 and STALKER, you'll enjoy this game. If you like popping zombies in the head with a sniper rifle, you'll like this game.

The game is currently in review at Apple; I'll post links to the app store when Dead Panic is available. More info at deadpanic.com

I'm also available for podcast / blog / print interviews - I'm a full-time Independent developer with lots to say about the state of the app store, the future of the iPhone platform, and other Apple and Indie issues.

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    this certainly looks interesting, looking forward to hearing more about it

3. silentdante

silentdante Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    florida
    like the look a lot, want to see a video!

4. Twazzock

Twazzock Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
  5. bc142

bc142 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Could you tell us when you submitted it? like how long ago, that would be great i really cant wait for this it looks cool

6. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    So by what I can see, you position players so that they cover as much space with their field of view and then you play as one player? Or can you play as them all?

Either way it does look pretty interesting. Interested in hearing more about it!

7. smasher

smasher Active Member

Aug 6, 2009
    You position your players - and in some cases barricades - and then you control the aim of all players during gameplay. Your strategy depends on lines of sight, the position of your barricades, when to cover/asist other units, and the type of zombie (you've only seen one type in the screen shots!)

Thanks, I really hope everyone enjoys it. I worked hard to make it fun and polish it until it shone, and I enjoy playing it myself.

It looks like Bucks scooped me - Apple approved the game today, five days earlier than I expected!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=326092201&mt=8

I look forward to hearing your reviews.

8. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    This game is awesome I love it........lol

9. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Looks pretty cool, but I really didn't get your answer much above, so you get to switch to the other players? Or they are just cpu's?

Also, it be nice if you integrated Co-op into the game also :), I'll look forward to the game when it comes out :D

10. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    we need to close this thread since the game is out

11. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    check the main thread in the games section.

12. smasher

smasher Active Member

Aug 6, 2009