Universal Total War Battles - (by SEGA) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Apr 18, 2012.

1. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Too bad there is no multiplayer in this game like in autumn dynasty.

2. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    ... and too bad nobody is answering or commenting on this page.

3. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    AGREED!!
    Although I am glad that I am still getting many hours of challenge and gameplay out of this awesome game!

I'm pretty sure that when I read about the last "skirmish" update a few months ago, a rep from SEGA stated that more content is in the works and that multiplayer is a strong possibility, but that the Devs have other projects that are of priority right now.

Hey Mosquito, I need to add you for Autumn Dynasty multiplayer....oh and have you bought Great Big War Game yet?

4. Theda

Theda Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    I like concept of this game. I will try it.

5. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    New update out.

Adds objectives to the main campaign missions that allows you to earn EXP by completing them.

6. dirttyplaya

dirttyplaya Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Birmingham UK
    Just brought it

7. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Hey guys, I played this game over the weekend. And guess what - it's shot up to be the best game I've played this whole year till now!!

The game has a surprising depth to it, which undoubtedly feels overwhelming at the start but later on as you learn your trade things get better. I am almost at the end, about 5 battles away from finishing. At the start you can just spam your way to success...later on you really need to do some strategising.

I may come back for some help later as these final battles seem tough. I just wanted to say I rate this game an easy 4.5 and get it if you're a (RTS) strategy game geek.

PS: Anyone has any other RTS (I hate TBS) games to recommend?

8. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Yea a quick 'Help' page in the game wouldn't have hurt, would it. But as the guy in the last page already replied, just hold down on any unit/building and you see more info on it.

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    For some good oldies, try Red Conquest, (a very complex but sophisticated and rewarding RTS), Starfront: Collision, Gameloft's Starcraft rip, and the charming and cleverly designed Robocalypse. Robocalypse and Red Conquest, in particular, are old favourites of mine, and sometimes hailed as great classics, and represent two very different examples on how to bring the RTS genre to a smartphone.

Also, Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim is a different and unique take on the RTS genre (you don't control units directly, but instead use reward flags to motivate them, with sometimes erratic results, and the game breaks the RTS mold in several other ways as well), and a generally brilliant game. (Both Majesty 1 & 2 for Windows are also well worth any RTS lovers, well, uh, love.)

Supremacy Wars, an evolution of the Galcon concept, could also be considered an RTS. With plenty of skills to raise, special abilities to use during battles, so many different game modes for every map, different selectable or unlockable nations/races with their own particular bonuses, several campaigns to go with those races, and even monster bosses, this is a game that will last for quite some time. Little Conquest, released today, seems to be similar in many respects, and perhaps another way to quell that real-time strategic urge.

(Other RTS or RTS-like iOS titles sometimes or often considered worthy of an RTS gamer's precious time are Amoebattle, Legendary Wars, Monster Wars, Anthill, and perhaps even Battleheart.)

10. vesp67

vesp67 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Anyone know if there will be an update anytime soon?

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #171 L.Lawliet, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    Update just went live. Btw, it's a pretty good one :)

Optimization for bigger screens and even a sharper icon (I was always a bit annoyed that their icon seemed blurry). They added a concept art gallery as well showing some of the cool character artwork from in the game (I personally like the samurai art - my favorite unit). They also said they rebalanced some maps but I wouldn't know what those are.

This is probably one of my favorite ipod games because of my love for feudal Japan and the awesome fight mechanics/animations.

It says they've fixed it to make it load faster but in fact I think the game is loading much slower...

12. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Yeah, just got it while it's on sale, and at least on 3GS (which isn't too much of a surprise), the loads are excruciatingly slow.

That being said, I'm really digging it thus far. It has all the building depth of an RTS like Warcraft, but of course, keeping things set to tracks makes good sense for iOS. Love the setting and presentation too. Awesome value for the money, I think.

13. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    For anyone thinking of getting this game, I say go ahead! Within the Top 20 games released overall easily for me. The is indeed depth in the game, and it gets difficult, but nothing beyond do-able.

14. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    Been waiting on a discount, so jumped all over this.

15. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, this has turned out to be one sweet game. It borrows a bit from their Bloodshow games, but it's a lot more interesting. The presentation, though, is so expertly intertwined into the rest of the game. It's a great tale.

16. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Being a total war fan on PC this was nothing like I expected, presentation is top notch but it's half puzzle game with a little bit of double sided plant versus zombies (or zombies versus zombies might be a better description).

Big disappointment if you're after a war game, fine if you want a puzzle/PvZ type game

17. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Dude, if you expect to see a game as it is on PC on iOS, it is just not gonna happen. This game was reworked from the ground up for touch devices.

Yes, I agree it is not an RTS outright. It has got lane-defense as well as some puzzling elements. But that just makes the game deeper and makes good use of whats possible to be done on this platform.

If you want a strictly no frills RTS game at its very core, try playing Auralux. It is only on Android for now, but will come to iOS soon. Available on PC too. This is the very basic definition of an RTS game.

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm glad some of you guys like it as much as me. Although I beat it, I'm playing through it again (the update removed all my 3 star rankings from the map) but I'm still enjoying it. After you've beaten the campaign/skirmish, you'll realize a lot of new better tactics. And I find that you often will never use all the units. I usually always go for my favorites every match.

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Watched a YouTube of auralux. Android can keep it lol.

20. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Well, you wanted a no-frills RTS game and I gave it to you.

In any case, why're you brushing it aside? Did you see the super slow version of the game? (the default is very slow...the faster version is about 5 times as fast. And there is another Nova mode that will make you shit in your pants) Or what? It actually plays really well, for me at least.