Universal Total War Battles - (by SEGA) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Why? this looks great

2. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Nah, RTS is my genre -- been playing them for years -- and this is a great compromise for the platform. Yes, it riffs on PvZ, but that's perfect. You still build structures with strategic positioning, but to try and piece together a full-on Total War game on iOS would have likely been a complete mess no one would want to play. I think this is a respectable, fun use of the license.

And hell, PvZ is still an RTS, regardless of its casual construct. It's one of the best games to come around this generation.

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #183 september, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    I probably expected more along the lines of Autumn Dynasty so expectations are what suffered most, rather than this being poor at what it does. I'll have a look at Auralux, thanks.

There are a few functional RTS variants, ipad is perfect for the genre. I wouldn't call this an RTS, there are elements but the core isn't there.

But it's not meant to be which is fine, and it does what it wants to well. Just saying it is something it isn't leads to people being misinformed and disappointed.

4. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    I don't know, man. When this game first came out, I was able to look at it for about 30 seconds and know exactly what I was getting. The only thing that was a bit of a surprise was just how lovely the story was presented.

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    This just received an update. The graphics were enhanced. Quite a bit... it doubled the size of the app. It's also iOS 10 only.