Men In Black - Activision

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Oct 17, 2011.

1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #1 lord-sam, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    Released May 17th for Free
    In a press release:
    "Players will not only get to interact with a selection of faithfully inspired characters and aliens of the Men in Black franchise but will have access to special equipment ranging from the Neuralyzer and Gravity Bombs, to the famous Noisy Cricket as well... Together, we have developed a game which will bring many hours of interactivity by giving fans keys to the expansive universe of Men in Black. The mobile game is an important part of our marketing for the film."

For the first time ever, you will be in charge of your own MIB agency. On the field you'll embody a young agent, who, with the help of Agent O, Agent K and Frank, will fight against a new threat to humanity lead by the vile Radiant.

Teaser:

[​IMG]

2. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    Hmm it can be good...or really bad...BUT if activision is making the game for iphone i am pretty sure that it will be pretty good(not some 2d/2.5d things)

3. Deathrow

Deathrow Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Yeah,if Activision is making the game then most probably its going to be a shameless cash-in with as little as little as possible work done.After all,Activision said 1,5-2 years ago that they dont want to develop for ios because of the small profits.Guess they changed their mind seeing the success of IB and other games.In conclusion,aplaud the man who himself said that he's in the game industry just for the money-Bobby Kotick.

4. lord-sam

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    This just in (sad news): Gameloft has bought the name, and is making a Freemium title.

5. Masterchief

Masterchief Active Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Cool,but I hope is for 3Gs too

6. Turkeydipking

Turkeydipking Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Student
    Germany
    And there go 50% of the buyers.
    WHY? D:
    A shooter or puzzler would be so cool (yeah they didn't say it's not one of the two, but freemium? PLUS Activision PLUS Gameloft? :'()

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Exactly, bud! Two words that turn me off are Gameloft, and Freemium!

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

9. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    GAMELOFT + FREEMIUM = NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :(

Why Activision, why??

10. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Stupid Gameloft! How long does it take to realize that no one I MEAN NO ONE want freemium!?

11. lazynahte

lazynahte Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Student
    It's not activision + gameloft.... I'm pretty sure gameloft has bought the rights and are doing it by themselves?

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I'm guessing they're making money off freemium, so SOMEONE does want freemium. Enough for GL to go that route instead of the paid route.

13. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #13 dumaz1000, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    I think I'm gonna puke.

The last time I checked, out of the top 100 highest grossing Apps in the U.S. AppStore, 63 were free to download. 63 percent of successful apps on the AppStore are Freemium. When EA first went live with their Simpsons Freemium game, The Simpsons Tapped Out, so many people downloaded it that it crashed their servers. Also, the last time I checked, there were over 50 free to download Apps currently out grossing Chaos Rings 2.

If you are unwilling to admit that the Freemium model completely rules and dominates iOS gaming, you are in denial.

Doesn't mean I don't hate it. Of course I hate it. But our opinion is irrelevant. Gameloft is not trying to appeal to legitimate gamers here. They couldnt care less what we think of them.

14. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #14 bigrand1, Mar 21, 2012
    Go ahead and puke your guts out, then. Your statistics are absolutely ridiculous! Guess I'm in 'denial', as you state.... Whatever. Most of us here hate it, and we couldn't care less, we just won't buy into it! And it does NOT rule IOS gaming, thank god! Stupid statement, indeed! LOL! :/

15. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    His statistics are accurate. I'm not going to get involved in the argument because quite honestly I think it's a waste of time, but there was an article about freemium games in the New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/19/technology/game-makers-give-away-freemium-products.html

16. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    [ but there was an article about freemium games in the New York Times.

[]

Oh, wow, the New York Times said it, it must be true.................. :p

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #17 Vovin, Mar 21, 2012

He's stating the obvious. One look at AppShopper is enough to confirm his statements.
    But are you able to prove your point instead of just ranting and not adding anything useful to the discussion?

Sure, we all "hate" Freemium - but there are several tenthousands who play Freemium games and pay for them. I know 4 people who love Zynga Poker and buy a stack of chips ever month worth 3-5 bucks (yes, I know, I already told them to go and see a doctor). And they are playing this game for almost 6 months now.
    Freemium has already passed premium apps and is getting bigger day by day. And anybody wonders that premium releases drop in numbers and Freemium releases are rising?

[​IMG]

People always forget that premium apps bring a one-time revenue, but Fremium apps can bring in revenues for several times.
    Just a little math example, not a real case:
    two games, one premium (5$) and one Freemium (3$ IAP). The premium game is sold 10.000 times, means revenues of 50.000$. The Freemium game was downloaded 100.000 times and 10.000 people pay for the iAP once per month, play the game for 4 months. That would mean a revenue of 120.000 bucks. Moreover, the constant cash flow keeps them in the top grossing charts. Not like the premium app, whioch usually tends to drop in sales after 2 -3 weeks. And you can't count the few exceptions like Angry Birds or Doodle Jump.

As the statistics show, it works like that. Love it or hate it, Freemium is the future. Even if we "hate" it.

18. lord-sam

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Thats why I said 'was Activation, now Gameloft' ;)

19. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    freemium is good ;)

20. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    I trust the New York Times more than I trust someone who has provided no source or basis for their claims.