iPhone RPG & Dungeon Crawler Inspired by Retro Crawlers like Dungeon Master and EoB

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bovine, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Bovine

Bovine Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Darkwurm is a dungeon crawler launching on iOS soon, inspired by retro games such as Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder. Please check out, share, tweet and generally let the world know about our latest work in progress demo.

[​IMG]

Here's a sneak peek of a fraction of the gameplay you can expect from Darkwurm.... Enjoy and please share with your friends and other like-minded dungeon crawlers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kYQsL1GeO8&hd=1

This is just a taste of what will be on offer in Darkwurm (dev title).

Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook

https://twitter.com/BovineSoftware
    http://www.facebook.com/BovineSoftware

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Will this be iPad only or will there be iPhone/iPod/Universal compatability? It looks promising.

Embedded video...

3. Bovine

Bovine Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Cheers!

We did a huge piece of work to make it universal, so it runs on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch. Resolution adjusts even for iPhone 5. I currently play it on my iPad Mini, but I'm always shocked when I test again on the 3G S just how well it works on the phone.

4. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Loved the work in progress demo, looking forward to playing the finished game.

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #5 Vovin, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013

HELLYEAH! I'll buy that instantly!
    Do you have any idea how long I waited for a game like this on iOS? And it already looks really polished.

Btw., did you submit the app already or set a release date? And what will the price be?

6. Bovine

Bovine Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    #6 Bovine, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
    Great to hear the enthusiasm!

We're a little ways off submission - best to keep up with progress on Bovine Software's Facebook page.

Price is still to be announced but will probably be in the premium end of the pricing range 2.99-3.99 GBP (4.99-7.99 USD) as the game isn't really suited or designed for the premium model. We *may* have entirely optional in-app purchases for those who want to buy every skill, though the game will certainly not require it and have difficulty levels to suit player ability.

We're expecting around 10 hours to complete on a first run, with plenty of replay value!

7. #7 DungeonPlunder, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
    Looks fantastic, great job.

Did you use Unity3d or something else?

8. Bovine

Bovine Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Thanks a lot!

Yep we're using Unity 4 Pro with a Pro iOS plugin. A number of custom technologies built on Unity and in the Unity editor too. Plus a few off the shelf unity extensions.

9. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Looks great. Any tentative release date yet? Obviously don't rush. Quality is best!

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for making this universal! Count me in for Darkwurm... keep us updated on your progress.

11. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I watched both videos.

The dungeon puzzles are great and I am really looking forward to Darkwurm.

One issue that seemed really prominent was that the candle mechanic was implemented to irritate the player by taking up his limited inventory slots and to implement busywork by making him constantly relight his light source...

What will its installed size be around?

12. Bovine

Bovine Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    #12 Bovine, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
    Tentative release date of summer this year.

Well there will be contention between the stuff available and space in the backpack but this is the smallest bag - so far you can have three but this is likely the stating bag size and you will be able to find/buy more.

We don't really know how long a candle or other light-source will last, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt the number in the backpack and how often they need swapping out - these numbers will be finalised as we so some extensive game balancing.

Installed size unsure I would imagine <200MB. Current size is a little over 100MB but we aren't including all of the levels.

13. Bovine

Bovine Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Facebook Page

If you want to keep up with release progress, videos and screen shots, please like our facebook page.

Http://www.facebook.com/BovineSoftware

We also have a game page but we tend to post on Bovine's page and Darkwurm is a working title.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments!

14. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Great to see this type of game making a comeback. Can never have too many of them on the iOS for mine.

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

So true.

16. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    I watched both videos and all I can say is count me in take my money!!!

17. Bovine

Bovine Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    This is really encouraging folks, thanks very much for the feedback. We'll keep you all updated as the game progresses.

18. roorooroo

roorooroo Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Looks very interesting..i'm a big Dungeon Master fan so it looks right up my street.
    Good luck!

19. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    Very nice, will be keeping an eye on this, can't wait to send you my money! Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated, much appreciated.

20. Bovine

Bovine Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    New mob added recently :)

[​IMG]