Universal [Soft Launch SG/CA] Campaign Clicker (by Springloaded Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Springloaded, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Springloaded

Springloaded Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Game developer
    Singapore
    #1 Springloaded, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016

Hi! we have been working on our newest game, its about USA politics!! You get to pick your party and tap away to try and get the most votes, there are online leaderboards so you can see which party the most people are voting for.

The thing I am most proud of is that while the game is stupid and funny, it also has live tweets from the real politicians, so you get to experience "real politics" in the context of a ridiculous game!

The politicians speak for themselves, and depending on how you feel about the big 'show' that is election campaigns, you will either be horrified or entertained by the words that run across the screen!

We just completed the game, and I am writing this post literally minutes after pressing the "release this version" button for our home region of Singapore, and the not our home region of Canada!

It's something a little different for us, but if you play enough you'll get to see the Wizard of Tiny Dice Dungeon, and Eric from The Last Vikings both having a go at running for president of the USA!

iOS:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/campaign-clicker/id1093509112?ls=1&mt=8

Android:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.springloaded.campaignclicker

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    This looks very funny and good.

I'll be in Singapore tomorrow so will make sure to download it from their App Store whilst I am there :p

3. Springloaded

Apr 30, 2012
    Game developer
    Singapore
    Awesome! have fun in our country! (although I am English, so it isn't really my country either!)

4. Techzamazing

Techzamazing Well-Known Member

It is also available in Canada Appstore

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Grabbing this

6. Springloaded

Apr 30, 2012
    Game developer
    Singapore
    Epic! let me know what you think :) we are really excited to see how we can improve the game.

7. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #7 Jayg2015, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    This game is off the chain.
    Some stuff is confusing though .
    Like do I have to wait a whole day and the game resets? Or does it reset when u want it to

8. Springloaded

Apr 30, 2012
    Game developer
    Singapore
    the idea is that you have a 24-hour campaign window, if you cant get all the votes then it starts again,

Each time you restart you get more permanent upgrades and multipliers based on your progressm which makes it easier next time. The goal is to get your multipliers so high you can get landslides (votes from the whole population of america) in really short periods of time, like an hour or so, and then start pouring votes in to the on-line leaderboard.

Essentially once you have enough votes you can end your campaign whenever you want, but if you don't then the campaign auto ends every 24 hours (well midnight US time).

How do you think we could make it clearer? (did you tap the questionmark in the top left?)

9. unexpect3rd

unexpect3rd Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Mobile Game Developer (Fulltime as well as indie)
    Singapore
    Do the upgrades reset when the campaign resets each day? I have like over 300 million votes to collect with less than 7 hours remaining. Think I'll just check in tomorrow see what happens, lol.

The global landslide count is a nice touch and as usual, Springloaded's pixel art is top notch.

10. Springloaded

Apr 30, 2012
    Game developer
    Singapore
    The upgrades do reset...but any silver coins you earn result in you restarting with votes already in the bag...Each coin is worth 1000 starting votes. The coins are permanent, so you should start making progress pretty quickly. We have some pretty fast players who got their first landslide in a super short time!

Thanks for the compliment on the art!

11. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    After not really getting anywhere I've deleted the game. Kind of had fun for the weeks I tried it but def didn't fully understand the game.