Universal Storm in a Teacup (by Cobra Mobile Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 18, 2011.

1. aggiedeals

aggiedeals Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Chillingo and Gameloft...they are seriously cranking out some games these days. I agree abou the icon....????

2. gkaour

gkaour Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    What do you mean?

3. ProperChopper

ProperChopper Well-Known Member

Okay, I think I'm going mad. I am supposed to get the lightning bolt above the double tap sign on the first level, right? Cos I cannot get high enough!

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Check the boost bar in the top left. Let go of your first jump when it's just under halfway, then a split second later press it again.

You can actually do triple jumps if you time it right, make the first jump really short and the bar will refill instantly, then do as I just described.

5. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I actually found to get really good height is to just tap the button fairly quickly (not to quick) as you keep going up and it keeps partially refilling.

6. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Tap ? As in tap and hold or just tap ?

edit :

at the post above me , that's how I do mine as well .

7. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Nice game but how hard can it be to make this game auto rotate with your device? It's upside down when you have a smart cover folded under your iPad...

C'mon devs... This is basic UX!

Jamie

8. ChuckMe

ChuckMe Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Australia
    Just keep repeatedly tapping the boost button quickly until u reach it. Worked first time for me.

9. Doffie

Doffie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Retired, now concentrating on good works and good
    Storrs, CT
    I'm stuck there too and equally embarrassed. Would be grateful for a bit of help.

10. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    I'm having fun with it. I'm glad the time limits aren't mandatory because I'm not even bothering with that (yet) and plus it's less stressful. Just having fun trying to find and get the stickers and sugar cubes. :)

Graphics are VERY nice and controls work well too.

11. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Game Impressions

When I saw the trailer, I thought it was a mouse in the teacup, his ears streaming out behind him. That's about the only way this could be more charming.

Lovely game, fun and forgiving. I really like the emphasis on exploration rather than on twitch reactions and dying. (Though I'm still doing some of that!)

As for the jump in level three, I found it easiest to wait until one chompy head was near the platform I was on, boost, and then boost again to avoid the second chompy head as it swung around.

Cheers.

12. dodolook

dodolook Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    oh, they inserted so wonderful a world just into a teapot:eek:
    how would that be?
    ummm, collect into my wishlist

13. Ruby Murray

Ruby Murray Active Member

Apr 13, 2011
    New York
    Thanks for the help on Level 3!

Loving this game. Got a Kirby/Little Big Planet vibe rolled into one. And at such a price it's a steal.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    This is my now my favorite platformer on iOS and one of the most memorable and entertaining I've played on any platform. The controls and jumping mechanic are spot on and fun to use, and the level design is simply lovely -- both in term of graphics and playability. For me it plays like a less sadistic (and hence more fun) version of Super Meat Boy. Kudos to Cobra Mobile for putting out such a quality title. I hope that they make more levels available in the future -- I'd gladly pay for them.

15. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    #75 ak47killa, May 21, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
    Great game but I cant get passed level 25. Its seems impossible I tried everything those damn round things(cookies maybe) keep on coming. Ill keep trying YEA I finally beat it. Im on level 31 now. level 30 is so frickin awesome. Its my favoritest level of all time out of any game ive ever played.

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Color me confused but does the game have some randomized survival level in addition to the scripted levels? If so can these Survival levels be accessed right off or do you need to complete the game first?

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    They are not randomized -they have a set of survival levels. I got a notice that survival was unlocked after completing level 5 of the regular levels. I continued playing up to level 25 on the regular game and then turned to survival - and so far I have 5 survival levels showing although I can only access the first 3, so I guess maybe every 10 levels a new survival level opens up.

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    @Cobra Mobile - another hit!

One of the best platformers of all time, and all consoles for the casual crowd! I completey agree with squarezero's opinions.

My only teeny request... I am noticing my left wrist is getting sore, and I think it is the arrow placement on the iPad - could those be configurable placement? I had to put the game down today, because of the soreness - this has never happened to me before. I think it is off for me, just a little - not so much that it is a pain right off, but I played for a couple of hours, and it was sore afterwards... Anyways, just food for thought, I still love it, and am recommending it to people as a must have platformer. Your level designs are so clever, and varied. Great job, and I hope this takes over top spot from Angry Birds!

19. Prozak

Prozak Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    #79 Prozak, May 22, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
    I cannot believe what I am reading here..

best platformer of all time? Are you ****ing kidding me??

The levels take an average 30 seconds to complete. There are 40 levels. 40 x 30 = 1200 seconds / 60 = 20 minutes of gameplay (+10 minutes for the harder levels)

a louzy 30 minutes of gameplay, that's it. (the survival mode sucks so I'm not even counting that one)

Then the story.. what am I playing?? what kind of world is this?? Why is the framerate so slow??

You guys are way.. and I mean.. WAY too fast satisfied

*edit* it looks like some friends of the dev shit their comments here. Best levels ever.. pff my ass

20. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Difference of opinion is an awesome thing.

Also it definitely takes me longer than 30 seconds to beat some of the levels. If you're not trying to get all the sugar cubes or stickers then it will be much quicker of course. Or maybe I'm just not very good at these types of games. :D