Universal Punch Quest - (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    The PUNCHOS DOUBLER shows up under upgrades, you can see if it's unlocked there. Fixing it so the IAP button changes too for next update.

The "1 new item" means it did sync some item across. Maybe a hat or skill or something? It only reports the number of items that are different.

2. Oka-mi

Oka-mi Active Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Any eta on the ki blast fix? I've been enjoying it a lot since I got it as a hat skill :)

3. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    It's fixed, may be submitting another small update tonight if everything else checks out... but then it will likely be at least a week before it's approved.

4. WooHooII

WooHooII Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    #1104 WooHooII, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Purchasing the Top Hat just gave me the Ultra Hat achievement, for some reason. Maybe if I purchase the other two expensive hats I'm missing, I'll get my Hat Madness achievement as well?

EDIT: As it turns out, I did. The first expensive hat I bought gave me Hat Addict, the second gave me Ultra Hat, and the third gave me Hat Madness.

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #1105 TheFrost, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Just bought all things needed for my first hat re-roll, now to save 40,000 (easy)... Also, Donate a Buck gave me a useless item (update: Not anymore, found it waaay better in-game :)), IMO, kind of wish you could select your "purchase" as I don't want any IAP coins... So addicted hehe

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Sounds like the coin-doubler will be a good way for those seeking to donate to the developers. Hope they can finally make some money off of this awesome game!

7. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Yeah I wish they make money, been playing this A LOT since release and I felt in debt, so bought the Punchos Doubler and the Donate a Buck (not interested in IAP money, at all). Hope to see more updates and the next game they make. Punch Quest is in my Top 5 iOS games (all endless btw)

8. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Madgarden, what about being able to change the color of the shoes? That would make our warrior even more ours

9. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    I never noticed flying saucers in the background before. Is that new?

10. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Your question is in the wikia... check it out sometime.

11. Penkanuin

Penkanuin Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    If I already have the rocketcat hat, is it possible to get it as a hat of legend with the trademark hat upgrade?

12. WooHooII

WooHooII Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I've heard that people have managed to get Madgarden Ultra Hats just by chance, so you can probably get Rocketcat ones as well.

13. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    You took the time to reply to me, you might as well have just answered my question and then let me know about the wiki (and provide a link, at that).

Your reply seems a little jerkish. Just sayin'.

14. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    If you unlocked them via IAP already yeah, you can get an RC or MG ultra hat on a re-roll. Otherwise, no dice.

I got a RocketCat hat of Illusion some time ago on a re-roll.

15. jakeb16

jakeb16 New Member

Nov 8, 2012
    How do you Unlock the secret HORSE mode?

Any ideas on how to unlock the secret HORSE mode or to use the H.A.T.Z. system?

16. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Sometimes iCloud support from Ravenous Games doesn't work quite right...

17. MrAlbum

MrAlbum Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    Heya, I heard about what happened with the game's financial troubles over at The Verge:

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/10/31/3577838/punch-quest-iphone-game-struggle

I think the game deserves waaaay more money than it has been making, and I want Rocketcat to stay in business and work w/ Madgarden on more awesome-possum games.

Therefore, I would like to recommend something:

A grassroots-driven IAP drive. Kinda like a digital version of a fundraising drive. I think Rocketcat and Madgarden deserve a financial shot-in-the-arm from us dedicated players, and this kind of thing is currently the best way for us to help them.

The idea is fairly simple: During the next month, let's challenge every Punch Quest player to purchase at least one IAP from them. The choice of which IAP is up to you; if you decide to just donate a buck, I think that's fine. But buy something. Past IAP purchases do not count toward this challenge; you'll have to buy another one if you want to participate.

Just to clarify: that's one IAP a month, of whatever price each purchaser feels comfortable with.

I realize that this sounds like "OMG EVERYONE DO THIS NAOW OR U SUXXORZ!" So I will give this disclaimer: THERE IS NO OBLIGATION OR ORGANIZING AUTHORITY BEHIND THIS. It's just an idea that I think the community can try if they wish, and I think that everyone will benefit as a result. An awesome dev team will, maybe, get a better financial outlook if we opened our wallets a little more than we already have, and will allow them to make more awesome games in the future. I think these devs are great, and I think they deserve as much support as we can give them.

That's my idea. It's not mandatory, and nobody will be made out as bad guys if they don't do this, and those who do help out will get to support a dev they believe in, on top of whatever support they may have given already.

I just don't want these devs to crash and burn; they're just so awesome (<_>)........

Sincerely,

Mr. Album

18. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Maybe! But where to put all this stuff into the UI is a trick.

Not new, just rare. Going to be adding more rare sceneries after some of the bigger new features are finished up.

Yes, this is how it works. Equip a hat, re-roll an ultra hat in that base hat's style.

19. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    The secret HORSE mode is probably a reference to Tony Hawk Pro Skater, as the original had a HORSE mode.

Also, the H.A.T.Z. system is probably another joke to make hats sound cool or something. Is there a specific reference to something here, Madgarden/Kepa/Ms. Madgarden?

So, in short, they don't exist, but they are merely references to other games.

20. Pygmalion

Pygmalion Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Thank you but in fact it is greyed out on my iPhone!