Modern Warfare 2 Circle Scratch Question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DaDramaLlama, Feb 7, 2010.

1. DaDramaLlama

DaDramaLlama Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Eliminate Waitingville
    I don't know where to out this thread but I had to ask my TA people because no other forum would respond. So I was playing MW 2 with my friend online my 360 tips over and circle scratches my disc. I turn my 360 back on and it says play game I click it the infamous unreadable disc message comes on. So if I borrow my friends game, install it to my hard drive can I play my scratched disc? Please help I haven't played MW 2 in a month. It's hell

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    No. It sounds like you or someone/something bumped your 360 while the disc was in the drive. Did you go from Vertical to Horizontal or vice-versa, while the console was on?

Installing to the hard drive doesn't actually help that kind of stuff. It makes some games load faster, but you still need a readable disc to play them.

You'll need to try and get your disc buffed out or get a new copy somewhere (if it's under warranty from GameStop or something, you could try bringing it back to them and getting a new copy in its place).

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Actually, I think you can. I treid to do it with my friend's copy of MW1 but I installed it on my friends console with my hdd but it needs to be on that console and hdd. All it does is install all the game's data to the hdd, then use the disc to activate it. So if it's scratched, it can still play since the messed up data is on the hdd, therefore it doesn't need to be read from the disc. If you install it using your friend's working disc on your console and harddrive, it should work fine.

4. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Go buy the game new at walmart, swap the disk, and have your mom return it. It will cost you 50-60 upfront but you get it back.

5. amansth

amansth Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Pop the disk in the tray and if the mw2 icon comes up then you can install your friend's mw2 game on the hard drive and play it.
    Same thing happened to me with far cry 2.

In even shorter words, yes, your method is fine- If the icon comes up.

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    As long as the 360 can verify that the disc is MW2, you're good to go.

7. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    This EXACT thing happened to me and I was worried out of my mind. What I did was bring the disc to this local video game store called Bandit Video Games and they had like a disc fixer machine which costed 5bucks but it made it like new. Runs as somoothly as when I got it. I believe someone told me that Hollywood Video also carries those machines for 2bucks a pop or sumthing. That is what I recommend you do.

8. DaDramaLlama

DaDramaLlama Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Eliminate Waitingville
    I can't see the icon but I believe with a little of buffing it will. So I'll try. I got it with the Xbox 360 bundle for Christmas at best buy. I still have the receipt so can I trade it back in?

9. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    It's close to impossible to understand what your saying. Maybe it's because it's 10pm at night..