Lance Armstrong

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 18, 2013.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
  2. Joyomi

Joyomi Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Lance Armstong is the biggest D-dag to exist. Exploiting his cancer to get rich and cheating.

3. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    Well, there we go... the cat's 'officially' out of the bag.

It's a shame he defiantly lied and challenged all those who opposed him all these years, but a part of me does understand why he did it. A first time led to a second, third, fourth, etc and with all of that success, fame and attention, it must have been hard for him to stop.

I guess that's where his lack of judgment or his decision making got the better of him, in not actually being able to stop when he should have.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    No real interest in watching it, but did he admit to drugs, or just taking out blood, then putting the blood back in?

5. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    All of the above.
    EPO + Blood Transfusions + the whole 9 yards for all of his 7 TDF victories.

6. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Lance's responses are cleverly presented.

Most people, after several years of cheating, suing innocent people and lying under oath, would come out sweating and looking like a monster.

In the Oprah interview (part one) Lance comes out looking bad - but definitely not as bad as it could have been. Pretty good damage control / PR.

I see what Oprah meant in her show teasers, when she said he came prepared and ready.

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lance Armstrong's story is just sad and disappointing. Not really angry or anything like that.

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    But he couldn't bring himself to say that Emma O'Reilly was right.

9. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Live Strong? More like LIE Strong.

:mad:

...I'm kind of like one-quarter joking. But it is severely disappointing that the accusations ended up being true. :(

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    What's really crazy is that people other than the participants actually care who wins the TDF. ;)

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    *throws live strong wristband to the ground*

[​IMG]

Yeah, I don't really care...

12. MechLife

MechLife Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Yeah, I agree. It's just sad that his success and everything wasn't real...it even makes his fundraising seem less meaningful

13. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    such a shame about this. it's like the day you find out that Santa isn't real. i was so disappointed when i first heard about this and i hope, at least, that he didn't fake the cancer.. that would really piss me off if he'll say that that was all a cheat too.

14. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    #14 Capricornman, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
    Just as the late great comedian George Carlin used to joke about....he would have liked to see banned substances made legal for the Olympics and other events! He wanted to see a whole bunch of pumped up freaks with muscles the size of horses on human bodies. He wanted to see beyond human feats pushing themselves to incredible limits all purely for our entertainment pleasure. I agree:) I'd like to see someone run the 100 m final in 2 seconds , maybe run the marathon in a half an hour, throw a shot put right out of the stadium. We should be applauding Armstrong for his filthy deception because he was a beacon of hope for fulfilling George Carlins dream:) may he rest in peace!
    As for Lance well..... Get back on your drug regiment there are tournaments to win!

15. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    It seems like the Lance Armstrong story is probably not much different than a lot of athletes. It's sad really that even in youth sports sometimes I'll see a kid that just doesn't look right for his age (a muscular 10 year old?, yep)... and the parents wonder why their kid isn't as tall as all their friends. It would be nice if there was drug testing across the board even in youth sports. Then again, it would be nice if we could have more coaches push sportsmanship over gamesmanship.

16. I did not watch it and really have no interest in it. The guy cheated and is only gaining more publicity by coming out about it. He has done some great things but I would not want to waste time listening to him and Oprah babble about it. He lied, he doped, end of story.

17. clairetarcade

clairetarcade Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Lance Armstrong

He was great. Got famous. Got ill. Diagnosed. Survived. Doped. Lied. Still famous and at some point was able to encourage, motivate and inspire others and got appreciated by that and now that the truth came out I don't think people should get mad at him as if other people don't tell lies.

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    As Jon Richardson said on '8 out of 10 cats' last night, even without the drugs and the cheating, the guy is just a completely unlikeable asshole. Also, his name describes what he does: Lance arm = strong.