Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

If Resistance Burning Skies was called Call of Duty
    IGN would have given 11/10
    Thats why i dont listen to reviews, i just look up gameplay videos etc, IMO it looks good so im defo buying

2. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    You can all go and complain
    Don't like the game? Don't waste your time bitching about it
    People I know all enjoying the game right now

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

But a Call of Duty without massive setpieces, tons of weapons, attachments and perks and killstreaks in multiplayer would be a terrible CoD...

4. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

I think it's fair for people to be able to post both positive AND negative impressions for Resistance - not everyone has your taste. It seems you really have enjoyed it and that's great. I'm starting to get into it more now that I'm further in and it's far better now than in the beginning, but it's by far not a perfect game.

I think some of the complaints are valid, but I really hope this doesn't turn into an "I'm right, you're wrong" type of deal - this thread has been really great and civil up to this point.

5. mashead2000

Yeah even so, IGN would still give it a high score lol, they only give big developers etc highscores
    MW3 sucked ass but they gave it same score as Battlefield which was far better, then theres Ghost Recon only got 8.5?? its amazing

6. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    I liked the demo...I'm terrible at FPSes on consoles, but I find them easier to handle on handhelds. This one seems pretty decent. Not as good as Resistance: Retribution (which was one of the PSP's best games), but good enough that I'll pick it up when I have a chance. Short length doesn't bother me so much -- I'm at a point in life where I don't have *that* much time to game, so having something I can beat is good.

Also, that Gravity Rush demo! I'm even more excited now than I was before!

7. mashead2000

you sir are 'right' about that ;)

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I was pretty impressed with the resistance demo, then again I had low expectations to begin with. I'll probably pass on it but it really makes me excited for COD now.

The demo that really impressed me was gravity rush!!! I hadn't heard much about it and played around last night. The story seems great I'm just not sure how much replay value it will have.

and still waiting for my LBP beta invite... :(

9. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Please go to Nihilistic Software's facebook page and tell them to be more transparent about multiplayer issues or to just fix it. These guys need a swift boot to their rear to get them to fix it cause the problem is obviously on their end.

10. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Nihlistic Software delivers, with their debut Vita Resistance Burning Skies, a solid handheld shooter. A little too weak variation in enemy gallery, and a weak AI keeps the game but a bit back. Sitting inside with a Playstation Vita, and lacks a solid action game, then Resistance Burning Skies probably make the worst thirst.

:confused::confused::confused:
    Based on the last paragraph of that review, I wont be trusting their review score.

Reputable sites like Eurogamer have given it a 5/10 though, and it sounds to me that's where the game is at. The campaign sounds lacklustre at best, with shoddy ai, but if the multiplayer were 'great' I'd still get it.

11. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    It's good enough to whet your appetite until a better FPS rolls around, which won't come until the last quarter of the year.

12. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
  13. Played through the Resistance demo... It's not a bad game, but almost everything about the game screams "low-budget" to me, even the plain-looking menus and fonts. I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised given Nihilistic's reputation as a D-list developer. I'm certainly not willing to pay $40 for it.

14. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I've got a question about Resistance: Is there an option to make the onscreen buttons like the grenade go away and be used as one of the physical buttons? That is one the things that I think is really bad, having to take you hands off the other controls so you can touch those ugly icons.

15. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Yeah, they should have at least had another studio help Nihilistic develop it- people that have experience with FPSs.

16. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Just curious, has any of our UK Vita owners downloaded the demo? I've searched for it on PSN via both my PS3 and my Vita and all I can find is the £7.99 Network Pass!

Given that the game launches here in like, what, two days, it would be nice to try it out first.

17. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Still giving Resistance a chance. Had I played the demo, I wouldn't have bought, but we need to support the PSV if we don't want it to turn into another PSP. I guess you can say I'm taking one for the team.

To it's credit, I have not seen the frame rate drop, once, which may be why the graphics seem to be a little underwhelming.

I think the big difference here between the Nova and Resistance comparison is the level of smoke and mirrors each dev has laid over the dead horse otherwise known as FPS. Not to say Nova is a better game, they are each different in many ways, but it DOES have a thicker layer of polish to mask that dead horse we keep beating.

18. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #2078 Teknikal, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
    Uk PSN updates a few days after the american one it's been annoying me a bit since I got one but I think it updates some time on Thursday.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Well, maybe at e3 we'll see some decent games for the vita that'll turn out better. I don't own a vita but I think that any progress for gaming on it is progress for mobile gaming as a whole...and I'm a little disappointed too, I kinda expected it to kill nova 3 gameplay wise at least, but I hear that resistance is also linear with dumb AI (so is nova 3). One thing I did like, though, were the real time character shadows.

Maybe we'll see some gameplay of cod and fond out if it's a port or a whole new game.

20. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    UK PSN updates mostly on a Wednesday. The Gravity Rush demo as well as the usual PSN stuff is all available today and like I mentioned, the Resistance Network Pass was released today with it all... just no demo.