iPhone Small Chronicles HD :: Turn-based JRPG Strategy Game by WhiteSponge :: DEV BLOG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WhiteSponge, Dec 21, 2012.

1. WhiteSponge

WhiteSponge Well-Known Member

#1 WhiteSponge, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    [​IMG]

Hey everyone!

I am glad to announce that WhiteSponge (actually it's just me) is currently working on the next game - Small Chronicles!

What kind of game is it exactly?
    Defeat monsters! Gain experience! Learn new skills! Acquire items to power up your character! Small Chronicles is where RPG meets strategy planning!

Plan your moves wisely as each wrong move can result in a defeat!

As you progress through the game, you will unlock new worlds, new monsters, new bosses and new power up items!

All of these are in the attempt to help your main character, Kon, save his sister who has been abducted by unknown evil monsters!

Small Chronicles will be available in both English and Japanese for the initial release! :)

Additionally, Duncan McPherson, the sound designer and composer of both Terra Noctis and Spell Sword, is also the music composer for Small Chronicles!

Check out Small Chronicle's main protagonist's character profile! :D

[​IMG]

What's the status of the game crafting right now? [Updated December 29th]

Added a new monster - The Twisted Cactus!

It's fast and it's also a ranged attacker! Watch out for these sneaky bastards!

[​IMG]

What's next in line? [Updated December 29th]

More traps in line to be added to Small Chronicles!

Questions asked
    Please feel free to ask questions or share opinions as it is also a learning journey for me too. I will consolidate the questions asked (and my reply to them) here so everyone can view them easily :D

Finally
    Follow @WhiteSponge on Twitter or WhiteSponge at Facebook for up to the minute updates on Small Chronicles!

I will also update this thread regularly with Small Chronicles' development and design progress!

And if you're interested in the iPhone version, check this thread out http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=150041 :)

For now, check out this latest gameplay demo!

2. WhiteSponge

Not an update but just wishing everyone a happy Merry Christmas! :)

[​IMG]

3. WhiteSponge

Added a new monster - The Twisted Cactus!

It's fast and it's also a ranged attacker! Watch out for these sneaky bastards!

[​IMG]

4. WhiteSponge

Haha more updates coming soon! :D

5. WhiteSponge

Here's a sneak peek shot of the upcoming 2nd character for Small Chronicles :D

[​IMG]

6. WhiteSponge

I'm in the midst of adding and testing the 2nd character! So stay tuned when it's out on the test version! :)

7. WhiteSponge

8. WhiteSponge

Oh I have also forgotten to mention that Duncan McPherson, the sound designer and composer of both Terra Noctis and Spell Sword, is also the music composer for Small Chronicles!

To listen to a preview of the soundtrack in Small Chronicles, check out this gameplay demo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L51_pSkCiYo

Also remember to check out his Bandcamp page! :D