Real Racing 3 - By Firemonkeys - Coming Feb 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    The trailer shown was from PC/Mac build is what I ment

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1202 Rip73, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    People here, no.
    The rest of the world, yes.
    Check out the highest grossing games list, which is based directly on revenue rather than download numbers.
    I think the top 10, bar 1, are all free to download games.

3. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    No. It. Wasn't.

Jesus Christ, I even linked the interview to you and told you where to watch.

Because you managed to miss it, here it is AGAIN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQhuTO7qcWE

1m 30s in ... watch it and weep. Same video, same quality, says it's running on iPad 3.

4. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    That depends entirely on how many repairs you can get from said gold coins.
    I'm terrible at racing games, love them, but not very good at them, and I crash a lot and damage cars all the time in them.

If I pay 10 bucks for an IAP, I wouldn't like it when 20 game sessions down the road, I'm back at having to wait for a car to be delivered or a repairment to be done to my car.
    And I'll bet that'll be the case, sooner or later, 'cause that's the way consumable IAP's works.

After a while, you'll have to cough up again, and that just sucks.

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    #1205 bramblett05, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    The alpha build you idiot sanuku stated that was where it was from because people started complaining about the interior wasn't looking as good as the video they say earlier.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I supposed asking everyone to calm down and wait for the 28th is unreasonable? Honestly the pay scheme seems very fair to me.

Obviously I'd prefer it be paid, but hey, this is a far cry from CSR.

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Okay, you make a very reasonable point.
    I also would like to know how many gold coins we will get for that.
    I do know we will get varying amounts for levelling up also while playing the game but again its unknown to what degree.
    Unfortunately, we will have to wait and see what it amounts to until release.
    But I'm cautiously optimistic that I will have enough at the 9.99 price point and from levelling up.
    What you say is indeed a key point though.

8. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    THIS! It's nothing permanent. And this destroys everything for the gamer. And makes the dev (and more so the publisher) swim in money from all the poor addicts out there. TA staff can defend this title as much as they want. The facts about how their IAP will work are spilled. And 1+1 simply is an easy equation for anyone with a bit of brain. Can't wait to see how they'll defend it when the game is finally out. They will find a way :D

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

All I'm defending is the use of logic, reason, and maybe a bit of Occam's Razor that there's absolutely no reason for people to go this far off the handle for a game that isn't even out yet that they haven't played. If RR3 is released and it's the most abusive F2P ever, then sure, go nuts. But, for now, this is just one massive anger-filled circle jerk rallying around the tired "Rah rah we hate freemium" while posting in other threads about how they can't wait for a game to go on sale (or free).

In other words, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson's_law_of_triviality

10. Arshin

Arshin Active Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Boycott + kill yourself :)

I'm gonna take RR2 without giving you any cents

11. Dan't Ponic

Dan't Ponic Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Antarctica
    Real Raging 3 - BY Electronic Argh

Attached Files:

• RR.jpg
      RR.jpg
      File size:
      299.2 KB
      Views:
  12. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Good one.

13. Doctor U

Doctor U Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Actor/Coke Bear
    ATL
    We all know why iap is becoming popular dont we... Theft. Developers need to earn a paycheck like everyone else.

14. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well then this one is really going to depress you as its an administrator expressing a similar sentiment.

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1215 Rip73, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    Perhaps this one example will do you.
    It probably won't but anyway it doesn't matter. My ultimate point would be that you don't have to pay to unlock, you do it simply by playing as you would any other ranking game.
    You may be able to pay to quick unlock the base cars in each class but you can also not pay and unlock through ranking.
    I would have hoped that was pretty clear but as you seem to have focused on the one specific point of the post that's not about the game itself, I guess .... Ah, take what you want from it, I'm beyond this whole nonsense that's going on here now.

Its still only a game, not the impending end of the world. Download it, don't download it. Get iap, don't get iap.
    The anti freemium people can simply skip and forget about it. It'll still top the the most important chart on the App Store and I'm sure millions of casual gamers will love it. If the "hardcore" iOS gamers don't like it, there's a couple of hundred thousand more games out there to try. And many more coming.

16. MrAlbum

MrAlbum Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    Some math for you folks:

I heard that it can take 3 hours to repair your engine if it breaks badly enough from an article mentioned earlier in this thread. That's about 180 minutes. I assume this number to be the maximum amount of repair time before repairs are absolutely necessary, and thus it is my ceiling for this analysis. I could be wrong on that, but bear with me.

This creates a simple relationship:

ex<=180 mins

where e is the number of races before a repair is made and x is the average number of minutes of repair time accrued per race.

Let us also assume that each race on average gives 3 minutes of gameplay, which creates another relationship:

z=3e

where z is the gameplay time.

The article on TA said that each race developed about 5 mins of repair time, so let's use that for our x value. This gives a maximum of 36 races, on average, before you will be forced to repair your car, which results in 108 minutes of gameplay time.

Now, let us assume that we need anywhere from 3-9 races to unlock a new car and buy it. That's anywhere from 9-27 minutes of gameplay time. That's about 8-25% of the max gameplay time per car, on average, before you absolutely have to repair. That leaves 99-81 minutes left to play your first car as you wait for your next car to come, in theory. That's a lot of races.

Plus, that means you can buy anywhere from 20-4 cars before you absolutely must repair your car. That's a lot of cars. Sure you have to wait for them once you hit the buy button, but that is a lot.

The kicker is the amount of time it would take for a bought car to be "shipped" to you in-game; I do remember that such a timer exists from the same TA article, although it did not mention specifics in regards to that particular timer. I'm sure the first few cars would come fairly quick, while later cars would take longer to "arrive".

That gives leeway for upgrades as you get more and more into the game, and the timers become much easier to manage.

Hope this does SOMETHING constructive :p

17. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Just watched the video. Game looks great.

Too bad I'll never find out first-hand, because I don't play freemium trash.

EA, you took a pioneering iOS development team that had already crossed the threshold of greatness and ruined everything they've done over the last 5 years. Shame on you. You are a cancer to the industry and every time you involve yourselves with something I enjoy, it comes out the other end with your stink on it. Go to hell.

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1218 Rip73, Feb 13, 2013
    Well as you've obviously played it and seen the iap and invested enough of your time to have hit the alleged pay wall that all freemium has, and are not simply pre judging something you haven't actually seen or played yet, I'll just bow out and concede to your greater knowledge of an unreleased game.
    Waiting to see how it plays would obviously be totally unreasonable.

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1219 Rip73, Feb 13, 2013
    Having to pay more to continue or complete a game, as you specifically mention in this post
    is the very definition of a paywall.
    I didn't assume it, I just can actually read. Still laughable?

I would be very pleased by that. Or at the very least, try reading back on your own posts before denying something you've already stated and attempting to denigrate another poster. Its important to have at least some facts right.

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #1220 JBRUU, Feb 13, 2013
    delete