good recent puzzle games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by del, Jan 10, 2011.

1. del

del Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    i know there are other puzzle threads, but I couldn't find any that had been updated recently. I've been enjoying Aqueduct, Beyond Ynth, Pathpix, Edge - that kind of game. Are there other good, solid (i like the one's with polished controls and gameplay - the one's that feel nice to play), and fairly recent puzzle games out there?

thanks.

2. Smartbomb

Smartbomb Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    You could try these :

Chu Chu Rocket - the graphics are a bit old, given that they're from the dreamcast era, but it's one of the most devilishly tricky puzzlers, many head scratching moments and plenty of good fun. Recently updated with 100 extra levels

Osmos - more akin to edge than the others you mentioned, yet a unique game, very elegant and the touch controls are perfection. Beautiful and thought provoking.

Denki Blocks - recent app, but like chu chu rocket a remake of an old game, rather childish and cutesy graphics, but underneath lies an awesome puzzle style and really tough levels.

GeoDefence - neither recent, nor technically a puzzle game like you requested. It's actually a tower defence game, but a thinking mans tower defence. Gorgeous neon vector graphics, flawless presentation and loads of really tough levels. Long time favourite of mine and definately suited to people who like difficult challenges.

Implode - more casual in approach than others but I'm offering as broad a selection as possible. Physics based puzzle game that focusses on placing explosives to destroy buildings. Neat graphics and great fun.

Doodle God - unusual game that requires lateral and logical thinking, start of with four elements wind, water, fire, earth and combine them and their products to form hundreds of other elements... Unusual and sometimes questionable but it's different and nicely presented.

Finally, try enigmo 2, not recent at all, but certainly worth checking out.

3. del

del Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    thanks - i'm going to try denki blocks. it looks like just the thing for me. looks like it got pretty good reviews, too.

4. stich

stich Member

Jan 16, 2011
    chu chu rockets and cut the rope