Official Launch of Shoot the Dragons

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Passion, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2016
    #1 Passion, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    Hi, TA community!

Thanks to all friends in TA community! Through last 4 rounds of testing, we received much advice and encouragement from many players. You guys made Shoot the Dragons better and better. ;)

We announced that Shoot the Dragons will be released at October 19, 2016 on the App Store.

:)Our Target:)
    Be the greatest horizontal shooter on mobile!

:)About the Game:)
    Are you ready to SHOOT?
    Shoot the Dragons is a challenging shump game with classic gameplay. Packed with humor and modern design, Shoot the Dragons is endlessly replayable and features deep storytelling. It's more than just a game, it's an experience!

"Well-Animated Horizontal Shoot 'em Up That Looks Like Fun" - TouchArcade
    "Super clean art style and fluid animations reminiscent of Rayman Origins" - PocketGamer
    "Played 3 seconds, already love it" - thumbs07
    "The heritage to Jetpack Joyride with a bit of Rayman craziness" - Lee
    “It literally SHINE in pretty much every aspect” - Macro

Features
    • Endless, classic, increasingly difficult shooting
    • Explore the exotic world of Pandora
    • Dash, capture, collect and mix different play styles
    • Dozens of unique monsters designed to entertain you
    • Unlockable characters and buddies with fun skills
    • Various upgrades and items to choose
    • Meaningful story with secrets to be unveiled
    • Immersive music and enchanting sound effects
    • Humorous and absurd art and animation
    • Discover tons of Easter eggs...and some normal eggs too

---------------------------------------------------- edited in 10-04-16 below ----------------------------------------------------

Hi, TA community!

Thanks to all friends in TA community! Through last 3 rounds of testing, we received much advice and encouragement from many players. You guys made Shoot the Dragons better and better. ;)

The 4th round testing of Shoot the Dragons is finally started. We made bunch of improvements in this update, we can't promise it's perfect :), but we do promise that we will consider your feedback seriously, and we really care, like we always said before. If you meet any problems, please throw your feedback to us and excuse us. We are willing to improve the game to the best horizontal shump on mobile platform, but it's not possible without your help. ;)

Sneak Peak Trailer

Update Preview

- New costumes, kept you waiting, huh?

[​IMG]

- More cool buddies, more surprising gameplay!

[​IMG]

- More changes, bigger update than 3rd testing! Missions, leaderboard, events, items...

[​IMG]

:)Gift for the Testflight Testers:)
    We made a well designed wallpaper for the testflight testers as a special gift :), we will send it after the testing. Guess who the boss is in this wallpaper?

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------- edited in 09-23-16 below ----------------------------------------------------

Hi, everyone

Our 3rd testing will end at September 25, 9 PDT ( September 25, 12 EDT; September 25, 18 CEST). During the 3rd round testing, we received a lot of cool feedback from the media and players. We want our game to be the best of horizontal shooters on mobile, your feedback encourage us to make Shoot the Dragons better and better.

We are keeping polishing this game and preparing a new version. It’s another big version and we will start the next testing. We will post the detail update information on next Thursday, looking forward how cool it will be!

If you are interested, PM me or send your email to [email protected] to join our next testing.

---------------------------------------------------- edited in 09-06-16 below ----------------------------------------------------

Update:3rd round of testing has been started, plz check your emails to download Version 1.2.0 (74) from TestFlight.

New Gameplay Trailer

Update Preview

1. Upgrades of the character, special skills and more new skins!
      [​IMG]

2. More funny buddies, more surprising gameplay!
      [​IMG]

3. More fairness! Adjusted the hitbox, more settings for control and visual.

[​IMG]

Encouragement from Testing Players
    [​IMG]

Gift for the Testflight Testers
    Shoot the Dragons is only for iOS devices temporarily.
    We made a well designed wallpaper for the testflight testers as a special gift, we will send it after the testing. Guess who the boss is in this wallpaper?
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------- edited in 08-18-16 below ----------------------------------------------------

Hi, TA community!

Through the last beta testing(http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=291705), we got many advice and encouragement. Thanks to all friends gave us feedback, with your feedback, we can make Shoot the Dragons better and better. ;)

What did TouchArcade Editor say:
    http://toucharcade.com/2016/07/27/shoot-the-dragon-trailer/

Shoot the Dragons, only for iOS devices temporarily.

Gameplay Trailer

Some Advice
    "I think the game is a little too hard right from the start. Enemy waves get pretty crowded and projectiles (music notes) are quite big, making them hard to avoid. And with only one life, it feels too unforgiving. " ——hvianna. Thanks, have done √.
    “I agree the game starts a little too hard and the controls feel a little bit off."——mj132. Thanks, have done √.
    “You definitely might want to change the acronym for this one!"——PBSNellie. Thanks, have done √.
    “I'm just wondering as you devs don't seem like English is your first language. You do know what STD stands for right? "——ste86uk. Thanks, have done √.
    “i feel like the hatbox is. A little bit off. Feels like some shots should hit me very barely but they don't and on others I think I barely dodged but still get hit."——forsakeNXE. Thanks, have done √.
    “I think the game can use better balancing. Getting killed after a single hit isn't very fun"——Kevin Agot. Thanks, have done √.

Some Encouragement
    “These were really fantastic...loved the concert feel of the 1st boss and was thrilled to see the operatic diva feel that you had built out for the 3rd boss too!"——Mike Gordon. Thanks.
    “Game runs great and smooth, looks really nice. The heritage to Jetpack Joyride with a bit of Rayman craziness in the design is pretty clear though."——Lee. Thanks.
    “Sprites are beautiful and well designed, boss are cool and really nice. "——Marco Scubogna. Thanks.
    “S.T.D.'s humor reminds me a bit of Parodius."——atchoo. Thanks.
    “Clever work with the title. “——rezn. Thanks.
    “I like the gameplay video. It looks like an interesting game. "——LordShad0wz. Thanks.
    “the art-style look eye-popping. Definitely want to try it if it's not too late"——uti4. Thanks.
    “Hey buddy. Your game looks awesome!"——extreme472000. Thanks.
    “Hi your upcoming game seems very impressive"——elekchron. Thanks.
    “It looks pretty incredible, to be honest!"——senkoujin. Thanks.
    “Hi.. The game is amazing!! "——Patthegymnast. Thanks.
    “ I love the care and attention you're giving this game"——Vincent Bondy. Thanks.

Based on the feedback, we solved many problems and add more content :cool:. The new testing version is coming, we need more suggestion from you, my friends, PM me or send your email to [email protected] to join the beta testing.

The Update
    1.New Boss
    [​IMG]

For more info about boss design,follow us: https://twitter.com/weedogames.

New monster
    [​IMG]
    For more info about monster design, follow us: https://twitter.com/weedogames.

My friends, if you have any ideas, plz tell us, we need more suggestions from you, PM me or send your email to [email protected] to join the beta testing.

2.In last testing version, many friends liked the boss design, in the new testing version, we make these bosses more interesting, and funny intro animation:

[​IMG]
    “Rock with me!"

[​IMG]
    “Just Dance"

[​IMG]
    “Bon Appétit"

3.Improved control experience.
    4.Add mechanic to decrease difficulty.

Gameplay trailer:http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=291705

Gift for The Testflight Testers
    We made a well designed wallpaper for the testflight testers as a special gift, we will send it after the testing. Guess who the boss is in this wallpaper?
    [​IMG]

2. Sword_Art

Sword_Art Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Well made

Metal Slug:eek:
    I still remember the boss battle of Evil Spirit Incarnate, it's awesome:D
    Anyway, I've sent you a PM with my email:p I'll join the beta

3. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    :D:D

We love Metal Slug, many bosses are impressive, Amadeus, Invader Queen...:cool:

Metal Slug is the game not only stay in your device, but also in you memory. These guys are expecting that their game will stay for a long time, not only in players' devices, but also in their memories. :)

Btw, already enrolled you into beat testing. :D

4. senge922613

senge922613 Member

Aug 13, 2016
    #4 senge922613, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    Truly, this game reminds me of Sky Force, Saint Dragon, Metal Slug.

The boss battle is very impressive.

I like your design concept, hope your game will stay in my memory.

Happy to join this beta.

5. krillin63

krillin63 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2013
    I hope i can join this beta because this game seems to be cool and addictive

6. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    hi buddy

Welcome :)

PM me you email or send your email to [email protected]. :)

We will enroll you into this beta testing. ;)

7. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Will try beta.

8. senge922613

senge922613 Member

Aug 13, 2016
    #8 senge922613, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    Can't wait to play the game

9. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    honestly, this looks quite good, but i really hope there is still much more to expect from the game and what i see from the gameplay above is only a small part from the game. oh and of course please be premium.

10. JudasKain

JudasKain Active Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Will be happy to test and provide impressions and analysis.

11. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    This game reminds me of Dandy: The Candy Alchemist which I loved!

Would love to test!

12. Bivis

Bivis Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Mobile App and Game Developer
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Seens a nice game! I love shoot em ups.
    I'm entering the beta testing

13. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    Don't worry, what you see here is just a small part of the game, there is more in the real game, you can try it by yourself.:cool: Send me a PM or send an email to [email protected] if you are interested. Thanks for your honest reply!:)

14. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    This looks fantastic! Just my type of game. When is the release? Production values are great.
    -Donny K

15. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    Thank you :) :) :) :)

We already enrolled you into this beta testing. ;)

16. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    Thank you. :)

This game will not disappoint you. ;)

17. Passion

Jul 12, 2016

Dandy: Or a Brief Glimpse Into the Life of the Candy Alchemist, a cute game. Many different kinds of monster in the game, I love the red dolphin, haha. I always hope a boss battle in this cute game. :)

Btw, could you plz PM me you email or send your email to [email protected] ? We will enroll you into this beta testing. Thank you.

18. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    Hey buddy

Not yet decide the date to release the game. We are testing it and updating it. :)

If you are interested in helping us making the everlasting game, join the beta testflight with us!;) PM me your email or send your email to [email protected] :)

Best regards

19. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    Thanks for sending me a pm for this game. Just signed up for the beta.

20. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Hello! Thanks for the invite, I am excited to try out your game. It looks fun.