Universal Cat Physics (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DonutGames, May 26, 2010.

1. ogster

ogster Well-Known Member

you people still here? cats rule!

2. soyc

soyc New Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Wow, I just spent the last few days playing this game trying to get what I thought was a perfect score on every level, then as soon as I get an internet connection I see that I'm almost 3k away from the top scores which are all 66,360+ o:

I don't suppose someone from all these 11k posts has kept a list of all the top scores? I did find one list somewhere (lost it now though :c) of level 1-80, but it was over a year old. I'm hooked on this game right now, I won't rest until I get at least 66k.. somehow. :3

3. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Hey there!

Yes, there is a high score list in my signature, with all known max points for CP as well as other Donut Games, feel free to have a look ^.^

Many level require a glitch or too to get close to high score, if you need any help just post here and i'm sure many CP'ers would gladly help :)

4. soyc

soyc New Member

Sep 11, 2012
    I was just going to ask you where your signature was, then I logged in and it appeared. That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

Those scores are incredible.. but at least I did match the score for level 1. :3 I hit a 787 on Enclosed Teleporters that I was sure was unbeatable, but I guess not! And I did notice that direction walls and trapdoors can be broken through, trapdoors even opened with a previous ball and teleporters act weird if you put an arrow on them. o_O There's this other glitch though that occurs sometimes where the ball takes a different path for no apparent reason, especially on level 17 but others too and it makes no sense :/

5. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Hi soyc,

the reason is: the bar is moving / shaking a little bit if you restart the level. So if you wait a few seconds after restarting a level the path will be the same, but if you shoot directly after restarting the level the path may vary :cool:

6. spaceboyo

spaceboyo Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Bristol, UK
    Hello Hello Hello

7. spaceboyo

spaceboyo Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Bristol, UK
    #11007 spaceboyo, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    Alright my old pals, not been on here for a long long time. Played CP for the first time in 20 months today. So did the last 20 levels, which I was missing, and got some big gaps. Any chance of some help? Dennis? Grape boy? Mrs E? Erik? Wiz? Papp?

8. jennybu

jennybu Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Level 32 Behind the screen

Hi,

working on level 32 I found 4 different paths.

classic path: below screen
    unexpected path: above rock
    glitch path: below screen door already opened
    psychedelic path: in screen

I am pretty sure that the psychedelic path is used for top score. However I only got 755 so far. So still 14 missing.

Comments appreciated.

Jenny

9. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Hi Jenny,

To get max, I think you have to, in your words, use the 'glitch' and 'psychedelic' path. You have to first use the trapdoor glitch to open the trapdoor, then quickly move your arrow back to position to launch the ball through the screen.

If you need any help and/or screenshots, let me know. Kenny

10. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Have you had much luck? I'd be willing to help where I can also! ;)

11. jennybu

jennybu Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Thank you for confirmation. Got 755 on psychedelic path using the button glitch. I feared that "trapdoor break through" is required on top. But if "button glitch" and "through screen " is sufficient than it seems now only a matter of optimizing the arrows. Tedious job though. So your offer is tempting.

Jenny

12. jennybu

jennybu Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I might be of assistance on level 91, 98 and 100 (top score), 80, 88, 90, 93, 94, 95,97 and 99 (only few points off).

84,86,87 and 92 I could need help myself.

Jenny

13. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
  14. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Lol blast from the past I don't play anymore gave up the cats long time ago ;)

15. Pfadfinder

Pfadfinder Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Lichtenstein
    #11015 Pfadfinder, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    Level 24 analysis first arrow

Please allow me to introduce myself:

I am cat addicted and would like to submit as my first contribution to this fine thread a screenshot showing sweat spots in level 24.

[​IMG]

It is worth to note that the spots are lying on one line and are seperated by x=3 and y=2 pixels. The spots indicating the positions of the top of arrowheads and are marked red and yellow. Red = 695, yellow = 694.

Contemplating about the picture I just discovered that the line has the same gradient as the arrow.:confused:

The marked spots are surounded by further spots resulting 690 and 693.

Unfortunately I was not able to position the other arrows in a way to get the max score known as 696. Well, this is said under the assumption that at least one of the sweat spots shown here is part of the arrow pattern resulting 696.

Please do not hesitate to pm me in case you are interested to learn more about my analysis or you want to provide me with the final solution of that level.:D

And I would like to thank Donut Games for this wonderful game.

Bumppo

16. wizman60

wizman60 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Male
    Hong Kong
    #11016 wizman60, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    24 696

here one of the 696 positions for level 24.
    I'm not sure there is more here but who knows???
    see you bumppo
    and sometimes a longer path (a curve one) could result in more points...
    weird.

Attached Files:

17. Pfadfinder

Pfadfinder Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Lichtenstein
    #11017 Pfadfinder, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    Level 24 696 addendum

Thank you very much wizman!

I have to admit that not a single arrow of my 695 setting was part of your 696 composition.

I agree, there may be more in that level. I varied the starting arrow. But all I found were 4 further spots resulting 696.

[​IMG]

You will note that again the spots lay on one line with gardient 3/4.

Aspiring young cat researcher may vary the other 4 arrows and claim priority for pappnase's noble high score table.

18. jennybu

jennybu Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Level 32 Behind the screen Alice's path

Kind peer made me aware that there is a fifth distinguished path in level 32. Therefore I would like to suggest in my self-proclaimed competence as path christening maid to attribute the following description to said path:
    Alice's path: through screen

So in total we have

classic path: below screen
    unexpected path: above rock
    glitch path: below screen (door already opened)
    psychedelic path: in screen (door already opened)
    Alice's path: through screen (door already opened)

In contrast to my expectation not psychedelic path is used for top score. You may guess What Alice Found There on her way Through the screen.;)

19. wizman60

wizman60 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Male
    Hong Kong
    alice level

here some dif path for these level.
    I didn't remember if those arrows are one of the "too many" pos for 769 but the idea is there.....;)

Attached Files:

20. Nep o' Muk

Nep o' Muk New Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Alice

I dig your style but who the #### is Alice?:)