I am (yet another) composer and sound designer

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by dreikelvin, Nov 22, 2012.

1. dreikelvin

dreikelvin Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    freelance composer and sound artist
    Rotterdam
    hello folks,

I stumbled over this place by accident and was wondering if you need a composer and/or sounddesigner for your next project? I already saw someone posting before me, so I am a bit worried that this forum might be a little 'oversaturated' with people like us ;)

I have uploaded a selection of tracks to my soundcloud profile. enjoy!

http://www.soundcloud.com/dreikelvin

as I am working in this field now for at least 10 years, I consider myself as quite advanced and experienced. I work with hard and software equipment and am also familiar with the leading gameaudio tools like fmod and Wwise. My former contractor creates flash games for the german market. However, the volume of requests is at this moment not sufficent for me to make a living out of this. And so I am compensating with webdesign and photography. I feel that I want to shift more towards audio projects again as it has always been great fun and an inspiration for me to do something like this. I don't have an iphone or ipad at this point. however, I have the apple ios simulator installed on my mac, which is supposed to work just as well.

I've started out sequencing my first pieces at the age of twelve on an old atari computer in my parents bedroom and later carried on with cubase on a pentium pc and a yamaha soundmodule. it tought me a lot of basics. next to that, I took 10 years of classical piano and guitar lessons along with music theory classes which were a necessity at that time.

nevertheless, would be happy to work on your next project!

best,

Robert aka "dreikelvin"
    www.dreikelvin.de

2. BeatScribe

BeatScribe Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Welcome! You can never have too many! We all bring something different to the table. I really like your moody downtempo tracks! Good stuff. Keep at it, you can eventually make a living at this, although it takes a ton of work.

3. dreikelvin

dreikelvin Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    freelance composer and sound artist
    Rotterdam
    my upvote, sir! oh wait, wrong site.