Universal Heroes of Order & Chaos - Multiplayer Online Game - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Still... the fact that you can revive with gems. I guess i'll see soon if this breaks game balance.

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It's not that straightforward and you can get some for free and with emblems. I already have 27 of them and you can only have three at a time. And seeing the price of those gems... But we'll see!

3. Eikichi

Eikichi Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Im a huge fan of moba games. DotA, HoN, LoL
    Hope the controls is fine to play on the iphone 4

Looking forward to it, living in Sweden so 12 AM uk time it should be in the app store :)

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#44 killercow, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    Graphically the game isn't mind blowing and sadly it's not full retina on the ipad. Still for a moba it looks nice.

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I suppose anything else would have been extremely uncharacteristic ;) Well, remains to be seen just how long it will take to unlock champions through gameplay alone. Hopefully, the game ramps up the rewards as skill and levels increase.

I am really not a MOBA expert, even less than in most other genres :), but I've been told by people much more insightful than me that the idea of weak heroes is a common misconception in MOBAs. Some are truly underpowered, but most simply have a very specific area of application by design, one that takes time to discover, learn and master, and that, when overlooked (something that easily happens unless you spend considerable time with the unit in question), makes the character feel weak.

Here's to this being the case in HoO&C as well.

Still, it is the first MOBA (emphasis on the O) for iOS. That alone gives the title a huge appeal.

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    How is it on touch 4?

7. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Been looking forward to this for a while. Shame it comes out right before I'll be without internet access for 4 days.

8. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    I'm really curious about that too.

9. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

10. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Sorry, i could not stop laughing about how you kept tapping on "change target" key for the whole video.:D Thanks for the video though looks like they pretty much created a League of Legends experience for mobile devices.

11. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    weak heroes ( in dota 2 and HON)
    are maybe misunderstood
    the easiest heroes seem to be carries at first but after playing longer i've seen that heroes i failed and seemed weak can be very powerful if you play them right ;)

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    im just enjoying the paladin right now. He may be labeled as a guardian type, but i play him as a bruiser and he kills things fast. He has a slow, and a gap closer, and his ult makes him immune to spells. What's not to like? :)

Add me on GL, username: psience

13. Is there any local multiplayer ? Or all online ?

14. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I`m just Trigger Happy, can`t wait for Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour :D

15. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    When does it come out?

16. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I played a couple of matches and here is my thoughts

The gameplay mechanics are fantastic, very intuitive controls, and the graphics are good for what its supposed to be.

The IAP doesnt seem to be much of a problem, you can buy heroes with IAP but it seems like all the heroes are balanced, and they rotate the free heroes every week so you get a chance to use all heroes without paying a dime.

Im not gonna give a whole review, but its a must have, Matches go a bit long though about 30 min to an hour.

17. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    So are you saying your not mad about it being freemeium ;)

18. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    I think he is. Wow that is great to hear the iaps aren't total control over the game. Can't wait to play it tonight.

19. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I'm not mad I'm getting the game truthfully freemeiums aren't bad they save me money to go the paid apps I want which sadly are not here this week to me endless games and not enough "new stuff"

20. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    So can you play against bots without a connection to the Internet? Or the game must be connected at all times?