Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. frexx

frexx Member

Oct 19, 2010
    I suppose motherland would be possible, but firstly I've never made it across the long 3 part drop down barrel part (after the first 2 rocket obstacles) in one run.

As for dragons teeth, it's just hit go & tap the back button on each tooth and hope for the best. The first 4 you can normally skip over, and then there's another lower one you have to avoid half way down. No real tips but to try to keep the tooth point near the back wheel.

2. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    ^ This... 1000x this. That level is ridiculous but you'll get the hang of it after a while ;)

3. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #1423 TicTac, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    The only time I completed Dragon's teeth is when I somehow glided past 6-7 teeth and used that method for the last 2 teeth. I just can't do it now because i always hit the back of my head against the previous teeth.

It's not possible to complete The Circuit in no checkpoints mode right?

4. frexx

frexx Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Well it's 1 it's 1 in medium, 1 in hard and 2 in extreme.

In regards to dragons teeth, I find it easier using Domovoi. I'm not sure if he hits his head on the spikes less due to a smaller profile? The second part after the teeth is no walk in the park either. I just took to going full speed from the last spike, hold back near the ramp and fluke it over the first 2 bits and land with a wheel hooked on the last one. Remember to lean back over the finish line though. The first time I did it I was all smiles until I hit his head on the finish bar!

5. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    The teeth is just maddening. How many times do I have to have some random collision. I think motherland is easier, at least I don't have to depend on luck for that one.

6. konstantin_ilin

konstantin_ilin Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    There is no luck point in Dragon's teeth. You have to understand the strategy to pass the teeth. When I played this level every 3rd attempt was successful for me.

7. tetru2

tetru2 Member

Nov 22, 2011
  8. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I have set aside Dragon's teeth for the moment and moved on to no checkpoints mode. I think the developers should make it such that any timing or stars I get in no checkpoints mode automatically gets translated into some/more checkpoints modes too.

9. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    /signed on the no checkpoint mode part.

Also, quick question. I just got an iPad but all of the levels are locked on there. I'm playin through it all again. If/when I get better times on certai levels on that will those scores count towards my total? Ie, will my total score on leader boards be a combination of my iPad and iPhone best times?

10. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    NO.You'd better copy over the save files (try iExplorer).

11. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm ranked 60th now in no checkpoints mode! First time I broke top 100 in any leaderboard. :D

12. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

That should work.

Congrats! :)

13. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Any news about a upcoming update,because I completed every level I could (it is in the near future?!?! :)) )

P.S.What about the Lo Rider bike concept,will you use it? Thanks in advance.

14. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Man... arent we all hungry consumers. We keep asking for updates after updates!! Despite the incredible number of updates with levels that we've already got.

So, when is it coming? :D Me want a level creation contest again!!!

So what is the hour count people have here on this game. Believe it or not, mine has crossed 200 hours!! :eek:

15. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #1435 TicTac, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
    Thanks!

Anyone else notice your points keep increasing everytime you re-get the disappearing motherland Gebetto? It'll disappear for no reason, then when you get it again your points increase. This points increase thing happens to all 3 checkpoints mode.

16. Jack23

Jack23 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Yes because when it disappears then any tracks you better your time on, the score will not change until you have 6/6 gebettos again.

17. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Not true. I moved up the leaderboards in all 3 checkpoint modes despite my gebettos dropping to 5/6 a few times. What I suspect is this: when you get a gebetto the scores increases (to let's say 370 million), but everytime you better a time on some track, your entire scores gets recalculated (of all your times and gebettos) and if this score is lower than 370 million, then your leaderboard score won't change. If the recalculated scores is higher than 370m, then it will register the change and your scores in the leaderboard will increase.

18. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

There is update coming in the future for sure, and definitely will have new levels. That's as much as I can say right now ;)

We need to get some better system in place before another level creation contest. It was very exhausting last time already to play through the hundreds of levels.. and I think we would even have thousands if we do contest now.

200 hours? WOW!

Yes, this is how it works. The score is recalculated each time you improve time, etc. and is submitted to game center only if it's higher. So if you don't have the sixth gebetto marked as collected then your score may not be submitted even if you improve time on some levels. Sorry about this, we will fix the gebetto in next update.

Exactly. As I said, gebetto fix will come in next update and we may even throw in some more golden gebettos ;)

19. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm still pretty sure the gebetto score is directly added on to the gamecenter score instead of being recalculated. Because today I took back the 6th gebetto in Some checkpoints mode, somehow I move up 11 ranks (from 120 to 109) in more checkpoints mode without me getting any better timing in more checkpoints mode. This means that people can actually keep increasing their scores as long as they continue to get gebettos everytime they lose one.

20. konstantin_ilin

konstantin_ilin Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Bike Baron, I received an answer from you that the gebetto on Motherland fixes this level in your understanding. I'm not agree with that because the times on this level remain the same: some did it in 1.20 and some in 5 min. So please(!!!) fix it to make this level fair for everyone. You can even just reintoduce it or replace with another extreme level. But do smth in the coming update, bacause it's really important.