I have a game idea!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by dumbname, Jun 19, 2010.

1. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    But I don't have any idea how to make it. Would any developer be willing to make it?

So it's a pretty simple theme that we could talk and expand on. More info if your interested. I have the idea already so no time will go to waste. Devs with polish are wanted and if you got skill with pixels that would be cool.

Again pm if your interested, we'll talk more about it. I really think it's a worthy idea to at least listen to.

2. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Well-Known Member

money usually works

3. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Why don't you learn how? Because for this idea that you claim is original (even though it probably isn't) you will probably want for money for it which would make no sense because you did nothing for it.

4. dhondon

dhondon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Norway
    Try to make it yourself in gamesalad. Or take up an loan and pay a developer.
    You can't get payed to come up with ideas. Everyone has at least 1
    great game idea( I have over 15:) ). So get to work. Do it yourself.

5. Ideas are a dime a pound, and developers already have more than most. If you really want your idea developed and you hope to make money from it, your only options are really either learn to do it yourself or hire a group of freelance code jockeys from elance.com or somewhere. Expect to shell out a few grand for the latter option though, and really, really entice bids from a lot of different prospects and do your research. There are a lot of hokey, half-assed outfits out there who will take twice the time to develop your app and do a crap job of it even at that. Ask for references, examples of published works, talk to the publishers of said works to find out if they were happy with the job they did, etc.

6. Silver Josh

Silver Josh Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Do you have an idea for a game?

Funny: I have 2 game ideas.

We're likely going to be very righ soon. Or not.

7. cubytes

cubytes Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    don't stop coming up with ideas!!

next time share it. honeslty it's not like someone is going to steal it and if they do oh well come up with a better one :)

also your ideas are priceless, as in worth "more then all the money in the world" do not commoditize them an try to "sell" your ideas do not consider the idea in terms of value or potentially valuable consider them as interests or an aspect that interests you as something you would like to try an test/prototype to see if it proves to be practical, or something you would like to try and improve upon, basically a stepping stone or a starting point if you will.

No idea is concrete it's a starting point an interest but it's never final you can always improve upon, refine or tweak an idea. Ideas are open and free.

Implementation is diferent it's more about: monetization, resource management, utilizing the best tools, sticking to the best practices, basically doing the best you can with the tools and resources available to you.

good luck!!

8. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    I have lots of ideas, it took me 2 mins to come up with so I should get 50% profits, basically you play as Eminem and you have to choose a good reaction to the person who you see, so "bitter hate" would be good for his mum...

9. Toytek

Toytek Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Games Developer
    Guildford, UK
    "Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats." - Howard Aiken

:)

10. cubytes

cubytes Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    hahahaha nice quote :)

11. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    #11 swishinj, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
    I was at the site, hit download, and then i remembered that you had to have a mac to do this. Now i have to wait 3 more years til i can learn to develop :mad:

And i have another reason to get a macbook pro sooner :)

12. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    #12 spacecowgoesmoo, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    You don't need a Mac to learn how to program code. If you make some PC games now with the intention of porting them later (use iPhone screen resolution, simulate tilt and touch screen controls, etc.) you'll learn a ton and be able to port them to iPhone later on when you do get a Mac.