Best games to make use of my iPad Pro 9.7

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Avenger, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Avenger

Avenger Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I would like to try some graphics heavy games on my new iPad Pro. I'm not into racing games. More of an RPG and sports person. Any suggestions? I haven't played many games on iOS before.

2. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    If you're at all interested in MOBA's give Vainglory a try. Best game on iOS in my opinion.

3. Avenger

Avenger Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Never played a MOBA before. I kind of like RPG's like Diablo. Is it like that? Also I'm willing to buy a controller if that's what it takes to get the most out of the game. I'm looking for something flashy that would supposedly use the graphics power that the iPad pro has.

4. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    It's not really like diablo. You're on a team with two other people going up against a team of three other people. First team to destroy the others "base" wins. There is leveling up in game, buying items, and choosing abilities so it is somewhat like a RPG. If you've ever played WOW or any other kind of MMORPG it's kind of like PVP from those types of games. It does not use a controller. It is meant for touch screens and works very well. It has great graphics and will look fantastic on your new iPad.

5. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    It's a free game and will never require you to pay money. Even if you do spend money it's not pay to win. You would be buying heroes and skins for those heroes.

6. Avenger

Avenger Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Okay I'll try it. But are there any single player RPG's around these days that have snazzy graphics on a high end iPad?

7. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Try Implosion - Never Lose Hope. It's a futuristic sci-fi ARPG
    Also might want to try Heroes and Castles 2

8. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Treese Brothers. Templar or Heroes of Steel. I like the graphics a lot on both. They are squad based, turn based tactical RPG's.
    You might like Radiation Island, Space Marshalls, Demons Rise and Crashlands are all great. Not sure of your cup of tea for graphics, but all of these are nice.

9. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Also give XCOM a try. Really great TBS game.

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #10 Nullzone, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    The graphically most heavy - not to mention absolutely beautiful - game currently is Brightridge HD, thread is here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=237171
    With all bells and whistles on, my Air1 drops into single-digit framerates. Highest resolution should even make an iPad Pro sweat.

It's a fantasy exploration game, with focus on enjoying the surroundings currently. The best example I have at the moment: the climb up the game's highest tower gave me the shivers, something games rarely do (Bastion's and Transistor's music are in the same league).
    Protopop (the developer) already announced he'll add thematically fitting quests ; but that'll take a bit, I think he's aiming for June or July.

The Trese Brothers' games are rather on the low-end of the graphics scale, but good games nonetheless.
    Demon's Rise is a good tactical fantasy battle game, and pretty good with the graphics, too.

11. Avenger

Avenger Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Thanks for the replies. I'll try out a few of these games.