Suggestion: Signature Pictures

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Primoz, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    So now that we're apparently getting avatar pictures, could we also get signature pictures to complete the set? Of course there would be size limits; 100 pixels height, perhaps 500 pixels width, about 15kb size to keep everything fast and of course nothing inappropriate or flashy. And only allow signature pictures for senior members.

Then I could finally show off my photoshop and gimp skills haha

What do you think?

2. SwipeNova

SwipeNova Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Please no.. Avatars are good enough..

not a fan of picture signatures

3. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Yeah I do not see this ending well.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Ha.

I always wanted signature pictures, the decision to make forum avatars available had no influence on that. Though I realize I made it sound like that, because my post structure seems nicer that way.

Wait, we are still getting the cookie, right?

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    As much as I love signature pictures, on a pretty minimalistic site like TA, it would just clutter it up and slow down the loading times. I do support avatars as those are all fairly small and not intrusive.

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    With a 15kb per signaure limit there wouldn't be much of a slowdown. The signatures would take almost the same amount of disk space as the ad on the bottom of the page, and that is considering all 10 posters on the page are unique and they all have a signature picture.

Yes, you would sacrifice some of the slick look, but there could be more rules (because who doesn't love rules?), such as limiting the picture to a specific color palette. Or there could be templates prepared.

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

9. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    Sorry, no plans for signature pics :)