Problem with Leaving Ratings in iTunes

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by heffdog116, Nov 13, 2009.

1. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    Weird. I can leave a review with no problem, but every time I go to just leave a rating (out of 5 stars), it says the app is not available in the US, when it clearly is. Anybody else have this problem? Anyway to fix it? I figure I could always un-install iTunes and reinstall it but that is my last resort right now. Any help is appreciated.

Most games I buy, I like to leave a rating to help out the devs and such. Usually dont have time for a review

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Same thing is happening to me too. Cant leave any ratings at all. It was working fine earlier but since last week I`m also getting the same error message.

3. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Yeah, same thing happening here in the UK App-Store too... :confused:

4. heffdog116

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    It started for me around last week as well.. Its probably just a problem at Apples end but its annoying bc I like to rate games as I buy them, and since I cant, I forget about them. I have to make a list of games to rate when its fixed I guess

5. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Thank God someone else also has this problem (unfortunately), as then clearly it's not our iTunes but a system glitch!

It's working for me now. Specifically, the problem arose when I tried to click on anyone's review or an ID to see other reviews the person had left (including my own ID).

I left this question on Apple Discussions and someone gave me a workaround: Click on "X reviews for this version".

Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the problem of leaving a review, or just rating a game, which is what you and I both wanted to do.

edit: No. It's still not working fully. When I click on a review, it doesn't come up. When I click on my ID, it does (it's half-solved).

6. Nightstalker

Nightstalker Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Why so curious?
    Same problem with me as well. I can't just rate the games, but can leave reviews. Strange.....

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Seems you can hit "write a review" and just select the number of stars.

8. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Yes, that's what I did (for now) with a promo code game, but it still doesn't answer the question as to WHY this is happening? It's been three days now, that I've noticed.

Apple really drops the ball sometimes.

9. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Terrific. The latest glitch on iTunes is that even though apps are updated, they reappear as if you hadn't downloaded the update. No matter how many times you update, or "rebuy" the app (for a clean install), it's there in the "Updates".

iTunes 9 is a nightmare, one glitch after the other.

10. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    yeah hopefully they fix this glitch soon, I feel for the devs who've recently released apps and want to show off their good ratings!

11. heffdog116

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    Still broken!!