Zona™ [by KlickTock] developer of Little Things® and Doodle Find™

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by klicktock, Aug 31, 2011.

1. klicktock

klicktock Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Director of KlickTock
    Ballarat, Vic, Australia
    #1 klicktock, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
    ZONR™, KlickTock's new FREE TO PLAY game is coming soon for iPhone, iPad and iPod. (These are work-in-progress preview screenshots and may not reflect the final look of the game.)

[​IMG]

ZONR™ is another fast-paced high-score-chasing action-puzzle game from KlickTock!

[​IMG]

The aim of the game is simple. Find the biggest "area" and tap it. (See at the bottom - the area with 5 blocks? That's what you're looking for).

[​IMG]

In ZONR™, you unlock special themes through long term play, earning achievements, installing our other games (such as Doodle Find™) and also through in-app purchase.
    Swipe the title screen to switch themes.
    This preview shows a few of the themes available at launch, and others will be released in future updates.

[​IMG]

This is a retro theme inspired by the Microbee I used to write games for as a kid.

[​IMG]

A close cousin of Doodle Find™, you have 90 seconds to play. Find the biggest areas as quickly as you can, as accurately as you can.

[​IMG]

Expand your mind, and have fun while doing it. Compare scores via Apple's Game Center.
    Most importantly, ZONR™ will be FREE TO PLAY. Available on iPhone, iPod and iPad very soon!

2. creature

creature Active Member

Nice

Sweet look; interesting idea.

This is like Doodle Find boiled town to it's very essence?

Scott.

3. klicktock

Oct 13, 2009
    Director of KlickTock
    Ballarat, Vic, Australia
    Structurally very similar. The faster and more accurate you can find the correct zones, the score will really fly up.

With this game I've made an effort to make a game that doesn't require any reading to play - very different from both Doodle Find and Little Things.

Certainly lacking the "cute" factor of Doodle Find, but I've become really interested in modern illustration, and so the aim was to make a game that someone wouldn't be afraid to wear on a t-shirt.

4. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
  5. klicktock

Oct 13, 2009
    Director of KlickTock
    Ballarat, Vic, Australia
    Wouldn't you know it, very close to release now and someone else pops up on the App Store with an app called... "Zona"! Argh!
    Have just spent the afternoon renaming the game, re-doing the title screen, in-app purchases, achievements.... whew!
    I'll reveal the new name (just a one letter change) over the coming days, and - with any luck - a new batch of screenshots also :)

6. klicktock

Oct 13, 2009
    Director of KlickTock
    Ballarat, Vic, Australia
  7. klicktock

Oct 13, 2009
    Director of KlickTock
    Ballarat, Vic, Australia
    ZONR has been submitted to the App Store!

I'm really happy with the way this game has turned out. Originally going to be a short project to test a new game idea, I've managed to give the game a unique illustrated look, and Disasterpeace (musician behind FEZ and other titles) has produced a really beautiful soundtrack for the game.

Spent a lot of time getting Game Center properly integrated. In addition, you can also challenge your friends via Twitter or email.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks like it should be all set for a mid-November release!