Any games that are just phenomenal on the large (13) iPad pro?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pluto6, Aug 21, 2016.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I got a large ipad pro primarily for music which is phenomenal since i can do away with my paper copies. But, are there any games that just seem made for the pro and you wouldnt want to play it on a smaller resolution? Or are the games really not there yet?

I am not really concerned about graphics - mostly game play on the bigger screen, or the controls are perfect for the bigger screen.

Thanks.

2. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Well iOS is iOS everywhere, But i have these on my 12.9" currently and all are fantastic on the biggest iOS display ever:

AC: identity , Fahrenheit, Afterpulse , Never Alone, Deux Ex Go ,Implosion, Eisenhorn: Xenos, Pixel Soccer 17, 1979 Revolution.

3. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    I got one a couple months ago, myself. The first thing I suggest is to get yourself a wireless MFI controller,it makes games that support one so much better. Especially if you have small hands, because some of the games, the virtual joystick and buttons can be hard to reach, due in part to scaling up for a larger screen. I've got a Mad Catz C.R.T.L.i, myself.

Now, for the games, I'll preface this with the notation that RPGs are my favorite type of games, so there will be more of those on my list. AC:Identity, Afterpulse, Never Alone and Implosion are all great too.

Monster Hunter:Freedom Unite, Warhammer 40K: Freeblade, Order and Chaos Online (both I &II), Crashlands, Star Wars:KOTOR, Baldur's Gate (both I and II), Icewind Dale, Dungeon Hunter V, Banner Saga, Iron Maiden:Legacy of the Beast, Avengers Alliance 2, Spider-Man (both 1&2), Beast Quest, Oceanhorn, Her Story, Titan Quest, both of the Aralon games, Ys 1&2 (they are separate games) Dragons Odyssey Frane.pretty much any of Sqare Enix's non f2p games, particularly : Chaos Rings 3, Romancing Saga 2, The World End's With You, The Draon Quest games. As far as the f2p stuff from them, I'd recommend FF:Brave Exvius, FF:Record Keeper, and Möbius Final Fantasy.

This is just what I can think of off the top of my head. But, it should give you some stuff to start. Enjoy your your iPad Pro, it's a fantastic tablet!

4. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    That's a freaking awesome list of games, Mariko! I have a large chunk of those myself, and heartily second all those recommendations. Don't have many more to add, but try these.

For pretty games on a big screen, I'll throw in Transistor and Severed.

For more complex games where the screen size actually helps, I'll say Planar Conquest and Papers, Please.

And for a game where the big screen will suck you in and give you chills, try White Day: The School.

5. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    I've got the PS4 version of Transistor, myself. As far as Severed goes, I've heard good things about it. But, from what I've read about it, due to muscular issues I've got, it would hurt my hands too much to play.

Planar Conquest, Papers, Please, and White Day are all great too! While thinking a bit more, I thought Demon's Rise, and Battleheart Legacy should be added on the list.

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    How are the controls for the racing part in KOTOR? They were not so good on the iPad.

Thanks for the lists. I have most of those games and will have to revisit them on the big screen.

Thanks for the tips on the MFI controller. I wasn't sure how well they worked with new OS devices. Sounds like the hardware is keeping up with the software.

7. italodance

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #7 italodance, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Oh Is Transistor cool on 12.9"? what about Brothers: A tale of two sons? i just ordered my SteelSeries Nimbus and i can't touch games anymore till get it first. :D

Gonna buy Space Marshals 2 now, i finished the first one on my iPhone 5 and MOGA MFi :rolleyes:

By the way i forgot to mention Forgotten Memories, the game is damn cooool on my 12.9" and force me to finish it once again.

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    It was not mentioned - but all the Zen Pinball games are quite nice on the big screen.

9. italodance

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    pluto Are you still using your Vita? :cool: i still love mine and waiting for "Berserk" to come west :)

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    To tell the truth, I have cut way back on gaming in general so not too much use of the Vita. Maybe the bug will hit me again.

11. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    Since I see you have a Vita, couple of quick questions (they are related to this topic): Do you have a PS4, also? And if so, have you done much remote playing with it, with the Vita?

RE: The racing controls with KOTOR? I haven't gotten that far with the iOS version, yet, sorry.

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Yes I have a PS 4 and even an original "fat" PS3. I have actually never tried remote, but in the Vita thread a number of people have and it seems to be pretty good mostly.

13. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    I use it quite heavily, as I like to be able to play PS4 games, while watching TV. I asked, because if so, I wanted to recommend PlayCast. It got released a couple weeks ago, and allows you to play remotely on iOS. With my MFI controller, it's fantastic.

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So many folks using MFI controllers. What type do you use? The PlayCast looks interesting. The PS4 needs a LAN cable - are they all created equal?

15. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    Like I said before, I'm using a Mad Catz C.R.T.L.I. It's a great wi-fi one. It also comes in 2 different size options, for small or large hands.

PlayCast does't require a LAN cable. I've been using it without one, without any problems at all.