Dunkers

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ColinL, Jun 19, 2016.

1. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Hello everybody,

So here is Dunkers! a wacky physics based "BasketBall" game. The Gif below explains it all, basically you are trying to get the ball and Dunk it. Those of you familiar with Wrassling will see some similarities here. The old team is back together with Folmer on the art and IYG on the tunes. Its getting close to completion now so I'm looking to expand my play tester base to get feedback on fun/frustration levels. So If you would like a TestFlight Build send me your e-mail address.

The game will be free with adverts with an IAP to remove the adverts.

[​IMG]

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Excellent idea

3. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    YESS! Saw it on the frontpage recently and it looks like a ton of fun! Where is the paper to sign my contract?

Also is there any sort of 'deeper' gameplay planned? Such as a league season?

4. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    There will be a basic career mode, A table that you have to try to get to the top of and stay there until the end of the season. PM me an e-mail if you would like a test flight build.

[​IMG]

5. folmerkelly

folmerkelly Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    the ref wiggling cracks me up

6. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Sounds good, I'll send you a pm.

One question though: is the goal of the game to be really simple, or are you planning a more complex structure with seasons? I could base my feedback on that.

Personally I would love a deeper structure with the gameplay as it is now. Too many fun simple games become boring very quickly.

As example, Soccer Physics would really live up with a single player season/league.

Ps, did you try a 2 vs 2 match (with an AI teammate)? ;)

7. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    it looks amazing !

8. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Will be interesting to see what you think about the current career mode. I feel like it has the right complexity for the game style. Its a bit more advanced compared to soccer physics but isn't quite FIFA 16 ;)

The game play is going to get a bit repetitive no matter what I do with the career due to the simplicity of the game, but the arcade mode and 2 player VS should give it enough content to make it worth the $2 iap

9. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    #9 fabianb, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    Alright, here's the feedback of my first impression:

The left and right buttons when selecting a character could be bigger. Not visually, but the space you can tap so that the buttons reacts. They won't respond if you slightly tap next to the button. Could be a bit frustrating.

The Game Center icon does nothing, this could be okay since it's a testing phase? I don't know though.

For the matches, I would suggest to add 4 quarters like in a real basketball match. Maby 20 seconds each. And a player can only hold the ball for 6 seconds max, so they can't 'camp' when they are one goal ahead. This would make the game a bit more a basketball game and less generic in terms of matches.

Also I would suggest to use a real league overview. Like total points, games won/drawn/lost. The game would need to generate the other matches, but it would be more immersive.

Maby it's better to use team names than character names. Also to make it less generic. And it feels more like you are actually playing against a basketball team/opponent and not just a random character.

Also, I'm missing the sound? It would be great to hear the ambiance of the public. And a commentator which shouts Boooomshakalaka! when someone scores would be amazing. Not just that term, but random shouts everytime someone scores. Such as What a shot!, Did he really just do that?! or What a magician! Or stuff like that. It would really live up the game.

These are my suggestions. Apart from these, I really like the game! It's fun! And the fun factor scores really high on my list. I also love the icon. The black color really gives it a unique vibe. So as I said before, I'm pushing a bit more for deeper gameplay with changed match mechanics and a deeper league system, but the gameplay itself is solid as it is. Use this feedback as you want. :)

EDIT: A bit more feedback after playing this morning. Have you tried that when you press the back button (in a match), that the arms will also swing backwards? That way it would be possible to defense the ball when you have it. Because you could hold it on the other side of the body than where your opponent is. I think it would work well. I would love to test that out.

10. nickthumb

nickthumb Active Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Test Flight :)

Hello Collin,

Can you add me to the test flight?

[email protected]

Thanks!

11. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Happy to announce Dunkers will be coming out on Thursday the 21st of July, Ill drop some promo codes below for those who just can't wait.

here is a trailer,

https://youtu.be/giXex7fkLkE

H3MJT64RTEEF
    R3P76M9LENPE
    FHRFNX637EXT
    FJXWXX6F3FRJ
    J6YYYFMTWLHY
    NE7H7XX9WRWK
    6F37YE34E67W

Cheers!

Colin.

12. Patthegymnast