Mighty Dungeons for Android Mobile & Tablet

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by laylio, Mar 3, 2013.

1. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    #1 laylio, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    Hi Guys,

I just published my game on Google Play:

Fan-made dungeon crawler crossover between old-school boardgames like Heroquest, Warhammer Quests and good oldies like Diablo I and DungeonMaster. If you like the game, PM me and I'll send you a code to unlock extra gold coins for the game (the game has no IAP, the extra gold will simply gives you a jumpstart :).

Free Demo version is also available there: http://www.mighty-dungeons.com.

✮ Available in English and in French

✮ Looks great on your mobile and purely awesome on your tablet

✮ Wander evil-packed dungeons and battle golems, demons and other soul-less creatures with dozen of hours of gameplay through 3 campaigns, 6 heroes, a plethora of weapons, armors, potions and magic spells at your disposal

✮ Use your headphones for pure immersion

✮ Loyal to its boardgame roots, the game engine is extensible so visit mighty-dungeons.com now to make this game your own: submit your quests, creatures and completely new game boards and enjoy the regular updates of content from your peers and the community. You can even get your own characters drawn and integrated into the game.

✮ Share with your friends and spread the word. The bigger the community, the more content we will all enjoy.

Check out the website for more information:
    http://www.mighty-dungeons.com

Attached Files:

2. mcamp

mcamp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    This looks like just the sort of thing I've been wanting on my tablets. Nice work. I'll definitely check it out.

3. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    Thanks for your comment, let me know what you think ;)

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #4 undeadcow, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    Mighty Dungeons looks great... any chance for an iOS port? :D. I see there is an "iOS/Android" gameplay trailer in the website.

By the way; that's a very cool promotion to allow users to design a character for $50 on the website.

How does "in-game currency" work?

5. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    Hi UndeadCow. The iOS version is on the way. I'm trying to fix some speed issues (who would have thought the game would be slower on my 4S...).

Custom characters: yep, it got very popular when i was crowdfunding the game, 50% of the backers requested a custom character so i figured I would put this on the website as well.

"in-game currency" : so far only gold. No real-life $ currency conversion.

6. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
  7. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
  8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Picked this up. Really like it. Love how fast it plays compared to other roguelike/dungeon crawlers. One question. I've only played through 2 dungeons, but do you ever level up or increase your skill points?

I ask because I started with the Barbarian and I know that spells would not be his strength but I found a spell and bought another. Both say I need to have two mind points. Will it ever be possible to gain those as a Barbarian? Some games allow all classes to learn or assign points to allow you to learn spells. Is that not the case here?

9. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    Hey, glad you like the game! It's indeed been designed for short quests (7-10min) playable during a train/bus ride ;) But all quests put together can last for 4hours per hero. Each hero representing a different way of playin the game in terms of difficulty and balancing your equipment.

There is no concept of XP or levelling up per se, but you can increase the mind points by drinking a potion of intelligence from the store.

I also encourage you to read through the credits page in the settings it may help ;)

10. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    You might wanna make that clear. I was going to get this until I thought you were following an IAP model. Now that I know you're not I'm headed over to pick it up right now

11. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    If you like the game, PM me and I'll send you a code to unlock in-game currency (specially for toucharcade).

Means?

12. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Will do. Thanks.

13. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The developer confirmed there is no IAP; this would just jump start your in-game earnings.

14. dominici

dominici Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Librarian
    Australia
    I just bought the game - marvelous, I'm really enjoying it! You ticked all the boxes for me - Diablo, Warhammer and Dungeonquest! It's great on both my Nexus 7 and Samsung Galaxy Note.

Thank you, sir!

15. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    Thanks Tomet. I don't recall writing "in-game currency" anywhere though ;). You pay upfront to get the full game. No limitations. If i get enough people to buy the game i will add regular content updates (i got to pay for the design work). That's as easy as it gets.

Thanks for picking up the game ;) Let me know what you think!

16. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    Yep, it's just free gold coins for readers of Touch Arcade.

17. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    You don't have to even mention it. Many gamers have been traumatrized by the IAP craze and have the subconscious inclination to think every/most games contain them. You cannot blame the gamers here.

I reckon you put a ---NO IAPs--- heading somewhere prominent in the game's description.

18. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    Just send me a private message i'll give you a cheat code that unlocks gold for the game.

19. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    Yep i'm one of them. So great games got spoiled with that... I built the game so that 1) it doesnt require an internet connection to start and 2) no IAP.

1) because i hate it when im in the metro and i want to launch a bejeweled that it doesnt work because no internet connection... Why would i need a internet connection to play bejeweled...

2) i charge for the game upfront. if people like it from video and screenshots, they see what the game play is like, nothing to hide in there. if enough people pick it up, ill have more money to support the game and add content to it.

20. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #20 pjft, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    Excellent! After a small problem here with my payment options, I finally bought it and the game is downloading.

Looking forward to playing it - it actually reminds me of a different game titled "Dungeon Quest" on Google Play (there's two, a free, action-y one, and a paid one by Giggs Apps, which is also very much a board-game-sort-of-hero-quest game) which I had lots of fun with in the past.

I'll create a thread for it as well!

Cheers, and thanks for coming here and letting us all know of the game :)
    Paulo

Edit: The Giggs Apps one is actually free as well, with a one-time purchase in the app to unlock all the content. It's like demo version, and pay to upgrade.