Logic games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by upsidedown, Jul 1, 2009.

1. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I havent really noticed any logic/deductive thinking games. What are the best ones if there are any?

2. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Logic?
    Play chess, that's enough brain thinking for anyone. :)

I've seen the app 3D Logic, might be a good pickup although I dunno if it's 3.0 supported.

3. hollerbee

hollerbee Active Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Check out Marple, there's a lite version.

4. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #4 Alichan76, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
    or maybe [app]Jabeh[/app]? Or [app]Cubicman Deluxe[/app]? or maybe [app]cluedo[/app] for a more story driven logic game.
    Come to think of it, any of the Sudoku's out there, and maybe [app]Loopy Laboratory[/app]?

5. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    +1 for Jabeh. [app]Shinro Mines[/app] just went free.

[app]Nintaii[/app] is an alt to Cubicman

[app]Thruple[/app]

[app]Marple[/app]

[app]Latkin [/app]

[app]Counterbalance[/app]

[app]Nurikabe[/app]

6. upsidedown

Jun 10, 2009
    So whats your guys favorites?

7. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    From the ones I mentioned I have played and enjoyed Cubicman and Loppy Laboratory. Jabeh didn't tickle my fancy, but many enjoy it, so who am I to argue with that.

8. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    They are all on my device and no chance they will come off.
    Each appeals differently so I have no favourite because they all are.

9. Those are great...there are about 8 or 10 different Set clones in app store Thruple being on of them. Haven't played Counterbalance though. I like Diamond Islands more than Nintaii but if you want a free one just get TimeBox.

That Nurikabe linked I don't recommend that version but rather Nurikabe Full.

Others are Alio the Woodcutter, Combination, Naboko (sokoban clone), Masyu, Pathpix, Subway Shuffle, Theseus, Kakuro (the version contained within Plantinum Sudoku)

Just downloaded Shinro Mines gonna give it a spin.

10. upsidedown

Jun 10, 2009
    Sweet set is an awesome game. I was thinking about getting the real thing, but decided to wait for a price drop.

11. clickmazes

clickmazes Active Member

Subway-Shuffle and Theseus get my vote. Both great puzzles - by well regarded inventors. I like to think iTilt follows in the same great tradition - please let me know if you agree. :)

12. Froggyboby

Froggyboby Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Missouri
    3d logic is pretty fun/challenging i just bought it, its on sale for $.99

13. clickmazes

clickmazes Active Member

You might like to try lock-n-roll in that case. I have the lite version. It is my most-played app - by a huge margin.

14. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Lock'n'roll seems to be mainly chance though from what I played - is there something more to it than that?

15. clickmazes

clickmazes Active Member

There is a big chance element I agree. The challenge is very much to learn how to beat the chance element, keeping as many options open as possible at all times. I play slow - and spend a lot of time thinking. I often have a game running for several days, playing only a few moves a day.

I used to think the dice rolls were non-random, rolled deliberately to thwart my chances of continuing. But now I accept they are completely random.

Do not under-estimate the depth of this game, to score high you really have to learn the strategies. My high score is 64713. Let me know if you can beat that ;)

16. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    The reason I have not bought Subway Shuffle is there seems to be quite a lot of repetition to move between stations. So patterns of moving could become boring. I thought this from playing the Lite version and of course I could be wrong.

Lock'n'Roll. I had the lite and played it up until the lite had ads inserted. I'll admit I was still getting to grips with how to place the dice to plan for maximum chances but the chances was the problem. If I'm to play a logic game I don't want chance in there - I want it to be deduction all the way.

So both look good, I'm certainly not about to argue price but neither have that certain quality that makes me want them enough to buy them.

17. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Subway shuffle is pretty much like that. I solved all the puzzles in the lite version but haven't got the full version yet. Sometimes you have to shift the counters aside to move the one you want and back the other way. I think Theseus is much more interesting to me.

I'm rather fond of Rich Diamond, a get-the-key-and-get-to-the-exit type of game with hundreds of levels. It's got lots of objects which makes it interesting.

18. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I completely agree with Theseus being a gr8 game!
    however its for $3.99 now, it also has a Lite version

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
  20. iTilt how many puzzles are included? It just mentions two puzzle packs in app store description. I love clickmazes website. May have to check this one out never knew it was released must've missed the big announcement.