Universal Spellsword -(by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 25, 2012.

1. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Out now in US!

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #82 backtothis, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
    Loved Muffin Knight and SCB. Played both like crazy. This game is right up there. Awesome upgrade system, and it's nice to see there are levels too. Only game I've bought so far tonight. Might end up enjoying this more than MvC2.

Edit: Not to mention all the equips to collect.

3. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I don't see a way to mute the music but keep the sound effects. Any plans to add this option? It'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

4. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    everything is a 'necessity' to someone, ANYMORE. (ha!) I can't stand it that developers use color combinations that color blind people can't distinguish, but realize that unless the developer is color blind too, its probably not even on their radar. i never though of adjustable control placement as a necessity in any game, nice feature, but hardly anything i've ever cared about. obviously though that doesn't lessen its importance to you does it, visa vi me and colors...

anywho, can't figure out this game yet from the trailers, smells like muffin knight, a genre that bores me to tears in seconds, so not rushing for this one just yet.

5. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Everplay, would you kindly tell me if you guys played much Bioshock?

:D

6. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    great game, if it does really well you will update terra noctis?
    should have a more games button from this developer with a discription and and link to terra noctis to try and push more sales to the hidden gem...

7. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Hah! 'Would you kindly' leave us a 5 star review if we said its one of our faves? ;)

8. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    An update has been submitted for free version and the paid version under BulkyPix. Since its a different publisher on that, it is all I can say. But one has been submitted, I can promise that.

9. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    #89 Joshnsuch, Apr 26, 2012
    You bet! Bioshock was without a doubt one of my favorite games of all time.

Been getting at Spellsword for the past hour and really digging it. Controls are tight and there is a good sense of progression while leveling spells. The equipment is interesting and all of the spells have their uses (for the ones I've discovered so far).

Sometimes there is a little hang-up on the ledges, but nothing that has hindered my gameplay at all. Rather, you just need to jump and it fixes.

Controls are super tight and work flawlessly for me, so far.

Without a doubt worth a buck and an effortless recommendation, at that.

5 stars on the app store, easy.

10. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Wow, just played an hour of this without even realizing it! Time flies by when you're having fun I guess. Geez, Spellsword is freaking addicting as hell!

Got 2260 rupees in one hour.... Mission 12 is goddamn hard, lol. Maybe it was because I was too busy playing without noticing that I should stop to upgrade my stuff. :) 5/5 easily.

11. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Dunno why, but I'm really enjoying this game and the control flaws.

Oh wait that came out wrong...

For some reason, I find the arrows to be inaccurate. There's the gap in between the two arrows that I keep hitting (I KNOW MY THUMB IS SMALL!) and missing the right arrow button.

Any plans to add customizable button placement & size?

Other than this control issue I'm exclusively having, I'm immensely enjoying the game! :D

12. take

take Active Member

Jan 1, 2012
    great game!! already finished it.

there are quite a few weird spelling mistakes, but other than that the game is pretty flawless.

13. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    really great game and maybe the only suggestion would be to rise the bottom line a bit, so fingers won't cover the gamescreen too much. and it is also very good that there is no iaps, so everything is quite accessible without grinding, not like usually in games with iaps and f nonsense from devs that you dont need to buy it.

14. Haldear

Haldear Active Member

Feb 19, 2009
    UK
    Just brought this. I've been looking for another game since finishing swordigo and if this anything close to as good I'll be very happy :)

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Everplay, you guys knocked this out of the ballpark. Really solid gameplay, great music, gorgeous pixels and a really great take on the SCB formula. Even though there are slight differences between the games, I really don't have the urge to play SCB, Scorched Monster, Blastball or Muffin Knight right now. Should be intresting to see how long that holds up for, but yeah.... great, great job.

16. PallaZ

PallaZ Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    #96 PallaZ, Apr 26, 2012
    seems that spellsword got removed from the german store, because all textes are corrupted. title.intro0, title.intro1, title.intro2, title.start, title.credits, title.achievements etc - look at attached screens

any news about a bugfix?

Attached Files:

17. NathanQuest

NathanQuest Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Cologne, Germany
    Text = Code

Same problem here. I am also in Germany, and I don't get the right texts. All it says are codes like "world.0.quest.1.message" as PallaZ already showed. Please let us know this gets fixed soon. I'd really like to play as it looks awesome.

BTW: Problem are same on iPhone 4S and iPad3 with latest OS and no jailbreak.

18. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    germany here and everything works fine, but maybe because system language is english.

19. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Like eev mentioned, setting the language in settings to english will fix the issue for the moment.
    I had the same problem yesterday night and it works like a charm with that fix.

20. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Love the game. If I could make a few suggestions:
    1. Allow us to re-enable the hints after each death. In the beginning I was dying often and it got annoying, now I can't get them back!
    2. Allow us to move the controls.
    3. Allow us to resize the controls.