New Playdek release?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greyskull, May 30, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Wasn't a new Playdek game supposed to be released today? Any info?

2. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    #2 iPadisGreat, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
    The developer claimed they found a bug and resubmitted/are resubmitting it for reapproval...

A few non developers speculate that it was because the developer saw Warhammer and Phoenix Wright and ran away EDIT from this week. It may still come eventually as Playdek has stated that they will wait to announce release after Apple has reapproved it, which would probably push release further back...

http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/19864/app-news-agricola-delay-explained-battle-for-hill#comments

3. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    delay + future release

yep game coming soon is Agricola to iPad!
    [​IMG]

In Uwe Rosenberg's game, set during Europe's recovery from the plague, players send their family members out to plow fields, sow crops and build fences. Add rooms to your farmhouse and expand your family! Many hands make light work, and give you extra actions each turn. But, each season the Harvest comes along and every family member must be fed! By developing and improving your farm, the civilized world is revitalized. Providing an intuitive interface and beautiful presentation, Agricola for iOS lets you play this Spiel des Jahres-winning game wherever you are.

HIGHLIGHTS
    Spiel des Jahres winning game (Best Complex Game 2008)
    Optional Solitaire rules mode
    Universal App
    Enhanced visual optimization for iPhone 4 and iPad using high resolution graphics designed for the retina display

FEATURES
    Universal Game Application
    Expansion Content Available
    Online Play
    Online Game Clock Timers
    Invite Game Center Friends
    Rematch Button
    Next Game Button
    More to be announced!

More game info http://zmangames.com/boardgames/agricola.htm

in 2013/2014 schedule is for Tank on Tank
    [​IMG]
    Tank on Tank from Playdek will bring an engaging light war game to your digital tabletop with stunning graphics, ease of play and many of the features you've come to expect from Playdek. Tank on Tank from Lock N Load Publishing is an excellent tactical game that can be learned in five minutes and played during a lunch break. The Allies land in Normandy to liberate France from German rule. The liberation however, won't be an easy road. From D-Day at Omaha Beach, through the battle for Normandy, the Allies will fight the Germans tooth and nail, bayonet and rifle, tank on tank. Look for further news in the weeks ahead.

Battle your Way to Victory
    Single Player and Multiplayer
    Expansion Packs
    Variable levels of AI
    Fast and Intuitive Play
    Rulebook

Features
    Universal Game Application
    Expansion Content Available
    More to be announced!
    Tank on Tank, the boardgame, can be learned in less than five minutes, and played during a lunch break. Shermans battle Tigers, friends battle friends, and the tension runs high.

More info http://www.locknloadgame.com/Section_Cat_Content_Detail.asp?ID=103

4. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Oh wait, was Greyskull referring to
    Tank on Tank? If so, bring it on Playdek, *flings cash at Playdek*...

5. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Take mah money! Actually I was talking about Agricola...but now I see what I really want...

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Playdek is great, but I wish they'd get over their allergic reaction to cross-platform development. I don't have an Android device, but I certainly have friends who do and I'd like to be able to play games with them. If Playdek is developing a game you can be sure that will never happen, and that's too bad.

7. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Maybe they just do not have any Android programmers on payroll and are worried about expanding their company? That would explain why expansions for their games take so long...

Will we ever see Star Fluxx?

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #8 drelbs, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
    Have several of the Lock N Load wargames, they're great!

Useless trivia - Back before I had a life I was in good communication with Mark Walker and submitted a soundtrack for a potential Forgotten Heroes: Vietnam PC conversion. I'd have to check, but it seems like that was about 10 years ago! If I have an MP3 copy handy, I might post it on my SoundCloud...

EDIT: Not quite as old as I thought - lastest rev. was 6/13/2006