iPad Charmed and charmed lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TIMELESS, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Charmed Promo Codes Available Now!

More Charmed promo codes available in this thread.

2. benedetti

benedetti Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    My 5 star review should be available soon on the Appstore.
    "One of the best match 3 games in Appstore. Polished with beautiful graphics. Five stars !"

3. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

this game is actually a very good match 3 game!

before i found out about the freeze function, it wasnt that good, but now, it's awesome!

4. I may add a tutorial in the next release. Some also people don't realize that you can rotate the phone to change gravity. :)

If you don't know about the gravity feature and the freeze feature, I guess it could seem like not much different than other match 3s.

5. meme

meme Active Member

Dec 11, 2009
    definitely a fun game! thanks!

6. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Some people don't read the tutorials or help files either. Perhaps a one time pop during the players first game in all modes that states "rotate your device to change gravity of charms" or something like that.

7. Charmed is Participating in appRelief.com for Haitian Quake Relief

In light of the recent Haitian crisis, a group of independent iPhone developers band together to make a difference.

CHICAGO, IL, Jan 18. - When news of the Haitian earthquake spread, Joshua Hernandez, CEO of Chicago based Metamoorephosis Games, decided there must be something that iPhone developers could do to help. That is how AppRelief.com, a new initiative to raise money for relief in Haiti, started.

A group of independent iPhone developers have banded together and are planning to donate a percentage of their sales to the Red Cross for aid in Haiti. The website lists the applications and games that are contributing to the effort and directs users to the iTunes store or iPhone App store for download.

Hernandez started with one post to a popular development forum, on TouchArcade.com, asking if other developers would be interested. He had a great response from other developers eager to help. Ken Carpenter of Mind Juice Media, Mark Sanges of Realms Apart and Amelia Meister of Sleek Games jumped in immediately.

"When I saw some of the images coming out of Haiti, I knew we had to do something to help out, so we jumped at the opportunity to help bring this coalition of developers together and make a meaningful contribution to the relief efforts," said Mark Sanges of Realms Apart Studios.

Ken Carpenter from Mind Juice Media says he chose the domain name 'AppRelief.com', because “in addition to wanting to help the victims of the Haitian earthquake, I saw an opportunity to create a permanent website that would be able to quickly mobilize the efforts of app developers again in future times of need."

“It’s so inspiring to know that we can make a difference, working together, as developers, to help others.” said Amelia Meister of Sleek Games.

Along with the creators of the effort, many other developers have committed to joining including Freeverse, Fairlady Media and Smashing Media.

One of the goals of AppRelief.com is to encourage unity in action from the growing sector of independent mobile developers. It aims to point to the Heart of the App Store, where people are working together to help each other, around the world.

AppRelief.com is still accepting other developers who are interested in joining the effort. They can find out more information by visiting the website.

About Metamoorephosis Games
    Metamoorephosis Games is Chicago's newest independent video game development studio. Metamoorephosis’ first release – bitFLIP – launched in October and was named one of The Portable Gamer’s “iPhone Picks of 2009,” in addition to being featured by Apple in the App Store. For more information visit http:// www.Metamoorephosis.com

About Realms Apart Studios
    Realms Apart Studios is a game design studio based in Atlanta, Georgia whose goal is the design and development of unique, exciting, strategic, customizable games set in fantastic, rich, new worlds.
    Realms Apart Studios - http://www.realmsapart.com
    More information: [email protected]

About Mind Juice Media Inc.
    Mind Juice Media is a software development company whose goal is the creation of innovative new games and apps for the iPhone and the iPod Touch platform. Mind Juice has released two puzzle games, Charmed and Charmed Xmas, both of which have received rave reviews from the industry press and fans alike.

About Sleek Games
    Sleek Games is a iPhone development company, creating unique and fun applications. Sleek Games has just released their first game: Running with Scissors: Pre-Season.

AppRelief.com
    [email protected]
    773-480-6350
    ###

8. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

now FREE (for a day) :D

9. Charmed is free today! Enjoy!

10. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Love this game! I think it's my favorite Match 3. Anybody that doesn't have it should definitely grab it while it's free.

11. Thanks CzarCastic! Glad you like it.

Anyone who is even remotely a fan of games like Bejeweled should definitely pick this up while it's free.

It really takes advantage of the accelerometer to improve the gameplay (in my opinion of course!).

I actually came up with the idea for this game while on a business trip in Kempten, Germany. I couldn't sleep one night due to jet lag, and I started doodling some shapes on some scrap paper.

As I was rotating the paper to draw the different shapes, it occurred to me that rotating my iPhone would be a cool gameplay mechanic to add to a Bejeweled type of game.

Then I decided that just rotation wasn't enough. There needed to be another reason to rotate rather than just to rotate the entire board without anything else changing. That's when I came up with the fixed blocks idea. That creates the possibility of empty gaps in the game grid, and allows you to make matches just by rotating the device and watching the pieces fall into place.

I decided it needed just one more major different, so as a third feature, I added the snowflakes which are used to earn Freeze Time. When activated, Freeze Time lets you make moves without needing to make a match, so you can actually line up huge matches.

I felt that the combination of these three new features would make a cool game, and that was how I got into iPhone development!

The rest, as they say, is history!

12. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I like the game and am very appreciative of getting it for free.

However, I do think the difficulty curve on "normal" needs serious work. Its trivial for levels 1-15, and then spikes very considerably when the extra tile is added. Easy, easy, easy, very hard = a broken difficulty curve. You cant actually even call it a "curve" . . . you are going forward on a gentle plateau then, after an hour or so of game time, you run smack into a steep mountain.

The time given per level should be adjusted so that 1-15 gets meaningfully harder. And 16...its quite a difficulty spike...I tend to think that the extra tile should be some sort of challenge mode and and the regular levels should just get gradually less time.

13. Charmed On Sale Today for $0.99

To celebrate our 150,000th download, Charmed is on sale today for 66% off! Only $0.99!

Enjoy!

14. I've decided to leave Charmed on sale for another 8 hours (until I wake up tomorrow), so don't miss out if you want to get it for cheap!

Still only $0.99!

15. Version 1.9 Now Available

Version 1.9 of Charmed was just released, so update now or go buy it if you don't already own it!

• Includes 5 new levels
    • Updated to OpenFeint 2.6.1

The next update will be submitted to Apple in 1-2 days and features:
    • Retina graphics throughout the entire game
    • Full multitasking support for iOS 4.1
    • Completely new 3D charm rotation animations for both Retina and normal graphics versions

Charmed looks SUPER SHARP with Retina graphics! Here is a preview image:

[​IMG]

16. Charmed is FREE for a Limited Time!

Before the Retina Graphics update, and to help promote our new release, Flight Deck: Reloaded, we are giving away Charmed for FREE for a limited time.
    iTunes Link for Charmed (FREE)

iTunes Link for
    Flight Deck: Reloaded ($0.99)
    Get it while you can, as we don't intend to do this again for a long time!:)

17. Retina Display Version 1.10 Submitted to Apple

I submitted the Retina display update for Charmed to Apple tonight.

Look for it in a week or so depending on how Apple is doing these days.

18. Save 66% this weekend on Charmed

[​IMG]

Charmed is on sale this weekend for $0.99! Get it now on iTunes.

Don't miss this chance to get it on sale!

19. New FREE Powerups!

Are you looking for an awesome puzzle game to play on your new iPhone, iPod touch or iPad?

Look no further than Charmed!

• 40 levels each with a unique layout of blocks & gold tiles!
    • Master gravity by flipping the game in all four directions!
    • Razor sharp retina graphics!
    • Collect snowflakes to earn Freeze Time!

Charmed V1.12 is out now and adds 5 new powerups for FREE! Enable up to 3 powerups at a time to increase your scores and have more fun!

Don't forget to tell your friends once you're hooked!

[​IMG]