iPhone Chromodyne HD

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CGSColin, Mar 30, 2010.

1. CGSColin

CGSColin Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    #1 CGSColin, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
    Chromodyne and the iPad, it's like peanut butter for your jelly!

March 31st: Updated with game info and screenshots!

Celsius Game Studios' Chromodyne now in High Definition, available as soon as you can get an iPad to play it!

As a Quantum Chromodynamic Cyclotron, or Chromodyne, operator, you are the last line of defense the Earth has against interstellar catastrophe! Should the planet become endangered by an asteroid, comet or some other Massive Extra-Solar Smasher (MESS for short) it is your job to use the Chromodyne to combine exotic matter, shooting it into the MESS and causing it to shrink and eventually phase out of our universe, thus saving the Earth from certain doom! The job isn't easy (and quite possibly thankless) but saving the world seldom is.

Should there be no pending disaster, many a Chromodyne operator enjoys honing his or her skills by finding a rogue black hole and seeing how long they can keep it's mass below a certain size.

Gameplay is a twist on the traditional match-three style, with 5 concentric rings made up of different colored shapes. You have to touch and rotate the rings and line up 3 or more of the same color and shape in a line going towards the center in order to clean up the MESS and add to your score.

Chromodyne offers two exciting play modes to keep you coming back for more:

* Story Mode describes the epic struggle between a pair of sinister aliens and you, the lone Chromodyne operator, who stands between the Earth and the MESSes that the aliens throw at it.

* Survival Mode pits you against an ever-expanding black hole. Keep it from growing too large for as long as you can!

(Click for the full-size versions)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    what is your game about?

3. CGSColin

Jul 21, 2009
    Chromodyne is a 3D puzzle game for the iPhone, and this is the high-res iPad port. I'll have some screenshots of the actual gameplay soon, just wanted to tease a little :)

This is a link to the iPhone version's trailer if you want to see what the gameplay/story is like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cXGfVW8uHY&fmt=22

4. CGSColin

Jul 21, 2009
    In game, in high def!

[​IMG]

(Click for the full-size version)

5. CGSColin

Jul 21, 2009
    Shiny iPad icon :D

[​IMG]

6. CGSColin

Jul 21, 2009
    Final build of Chromodyne HD has been submitted and is already "In Review" :D

Pretty exciting stuff!

7. CGSColin

Jul 21, 2009
    Updated the OP with info and more screenshots.

8. CGSColin

Jul 21, 2009
    Chromodyne HD is now "Ready for sale"! I don't know about you, but I'm pretty stoked about that. iPad launch, here I come! :cool:

9. CGSColin

Jul 21, 2009
    Now that the iPadaclypse has arrived if anyone gives Chromodyne HD a try on their iPad, I'd love to hear your first impressions :)

10. CGSColin

Jul 21, 2009
    #10 CGSColin, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010