another Fake App found !!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SeghoRames, Apr 15, 2011.

1. SeghoRames

SeghoRames Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Game Designer
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    #1 SeghoRames, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
    got excited this morning when opening up itunes, plant vs zombies 2 ?

clicked (wanted to what it looks like), then surprise. it's bogus, almost get fooled but many aren't lucky as me. this garbage even made it to top paid.

tagline was promising 'The plant vs zombies 2 is coming !!!' who wouldn't fell for that, even copy paste the description from the original and the most hilarious part that he adding things, example :

original : 50 fun-dead levels, bogus : 70 fun-dead levels .. WOW ! more levels !

can't be reached (support link is fake), just be careful guys

Attached Files:

2. AlexADGC

AlexADGC Member

Jan 5, 2011
    It's not actually meant to be PvZ2, rather a guide to a supposed PvZ2. Still bogus though.

3. SeghoRames

SeghoRames Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Game Designer
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    yeah, people think that it is PvZ2 and since the title is really promising so they just clicked ignoring writing below it 'reference', if the dev is fair he posted the link to contact but both links (support&web) were fake. the app made it to top 10, i guess many people got tricked and the comments were filled 'gimme me back my money'

4. natejeevas

natejeevas Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Student
    Not USA
    Yeah, I really hate that they even the put the information that it's a guide at the very bottom of description. I'm sure they do that to deceive as many people as they can while still being "not-entirely-guilty".

5. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    There are plenty of apps like this if something seems to good to be true better check again becouse it usualy is

6. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    How the f*** did this garbage get approved by Apple? That means the Apple review staff fails if they all applied to be garbagemen. It's BS like this that makes people wonder what's the point of putting in effort and creativity to make a few bucks, when teenage nerds hiding in their mom's basement exploiting the market with a few lines of code can make much more.
    Oh well good thing this is iTunes, his loss anyways as he's actually going to end up paying back to Apple more than he earned since Apple demands a 100% refund from the devs, lol.