So who's upgrading to a 4S?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Luke Kellett, Oct 12, 2011.

?

Are you going to upgrade to an iPhone 4S?

1. Damn straight! I'm lining up on release day!

8 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. I'm ordering online

22 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. I'm going to wait for the iPhone 5

34 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. I'm waiting for my contract to end first

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Probably not

31 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. Luke Kellett

Luke Kellett Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Indie iPhone Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm wondering how many of us gamers here are going to take the plunge and get a new shiny iPhone 4S?

2. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    I and my brother definetly not.He remains at the iPhone 4 and I at the iPad 2.He said that the 4S isn't such a big improvement,and instead he is waiting for the iPad 3.

3. Luke Kellett

Jun 7, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    It will be interesting to see how soon the iPad 3 hits the shelves, Apple are pretty consistent with their 12 monthly release pattern so I think 1st/2nd quater next year is likely.

But there has also been so much talk about the iPad 3 coming very soon, plus pretty stiff competition hardware wise from the Android camp.

I think I will probably get one whenever it comes out, might even have to line up :eek:

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Waiting for the iPhone 5, easily. I'm not really into chasing after every shiney, even if it is by Apple.

Unless they screw the display up. If they increase the screen size (crazy rumor mill) and don't increase pixel density accordingly, then I'll get a 4S. I don't think that will happen, it's Apple after all.

5. peterthomas

peterthomas Active Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Am ok with my old Iphone 4, I ve seen that except few upgrades to camera and transmission rate, there is nothing as such about the iphone 4S, so as i voted I will repeat here, that I ll wait for iphone 5 instead. :)

6. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Currently have a 3GS so pre ordered the 4S as it's a pretty significant upgrade,but understand how iPhone 4 users feel

7. littlezoe

littlezoe Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    I would if i would have the money... :) I'm struggling with a gift 3GS :)

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Probably getting an iPhone 5 next fall as my first iPhone. My 2-year contract will be over by then.

9. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I was dissapointed by the way it looks: completely the same as my iPhone 4 on the outisde, not so much on the inside (after all, all I play are 2D games) so im waiting for the iPhone 5. iOS 5 is on my phone and... dissapointing? where is iMessage?

10. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    I sure as hell am. Though I am confused as to how paying the bill works.

Do I purchase the phone and also pay the first bill, or do I pay the first bill after a certain period of time?

I plan on going with AT&T and my credit is shit due to college bills, so would that mean I have to pay more initially for the service?

I only have $250 in cash, just for the phone...but I figure Ill need a bit more for the bill if its due up front...

Ive never bought an iPhone upon its release and have only had a Pay as you Go iPhone 3GS and 3G...

If anyone could shed some light on these questions i would greatly appreciate it.

11. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

I myself might be buying one. Now for a random joke about Siri.

Siri: Helping you organize your day and telling you where to dispose of a body.
    I guess you really could call it an accessory....
    *sunglasses
    to murder!
    YEAHHHHHHHH

Attached Files:

12. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Oh that pic is so full of win!

13. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i'm getting it because i don't have an iphone, and my itouch broke, so no sense in waiting a year for the iphone 5

14. Luke Kellett

Jun 7, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    As far as I can tell you will enter into a 24 month contract with a telco who will pay Apple for the phone.

Over in Australia they are for the first time selling the iPhones direct to the public which is kinda strange considering they are not doing it for US customers. Sounds like the US Telco's still have some power over Apple at the moment?

15. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Ill be going with AT&T US and I know Ill have to enter a contract.

What my question is; Will I have to pay the first months cell bill ahead of time or how does it work when you activate your phone?

16. Luke Kellett

Jun 7, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well that I am unsure of, but AT&T probably have a list of plans for the 4S and I would expect that info to be in the fine print somewhere, or you could just call them :)

17. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    No, you don't. You only pay for your phone the day it gets activated. Prorated fees and the activation fees are all on the first bill.

18. Purgatorio

Purgatorio Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but without decent credit you'll be looking at a shiny deposit along with the price of the phone. Most likely a $500 deposit, which is what I paid in 2009.

19. zcake

zcake New Member

Oct 14, 2011
    For the 3g and the 4 which I bought straight from apple, I didn't have to pay for anything but the phone. You should be ok if you buy from apple. I can't answer for the bad credit though.

20. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Is it not possible to buy iPhones sim free in the States?