Sorcery! or Lone Wolf?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by awp69, Nov 29, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I've never gotten too much into gamebooks, but these too had me somewhat intrigued. Both are going on sale for Black Friday so I thought maybe I'd tip my toes in the water with one.

So which one is better? More fun? And maybe better for someone who hasn't played an iOS gamebook.

2. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I like Sorcery better! +1 for Sorcery

3. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I picked up both in these sales and I've got to say Sorcery! Hands down for me.

I haven't played a virtual gamebook before but I have played/read the actual books but it was longer ago than I care to mention so I don't think it put me in any better position than a beginner either.
    Having a sequel available to Sorcery is a plus as well, if you enjoy the experience you'll have an obvious hit for your next fix. But that's just me!

4. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    The sequel is even better! with larger map/ location and more alternate story paths. You will breeze through the first one very quickly, which will leave you hungry for more action.........you can find in the second one! :D

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Cool. Thanks for the feedback guys! It did sound to me that Lone Wolf was also kind of buggy so think I'll go with Sorcery!

6. redpanda33

redpanda33 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Decatur GA
    Could someone please explain these to me a little? I bought Sorcery! a while back, but I was thinking it was more of an RPG and lost interest. Now, I'm thinking I probably just played it wrong. I'm going to reinstall and try again, but just want to know how to play these things.

7. Try Gamebook Adventures - An Assassin in Orlandes?

They are sort-of RPGs :) You play the role of the character, making decisions and doing the combat.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Not to confuse matters for you, but Lone Wolf is awesome. Sorcery is good, too, but combat is, well, underwhelming. Lone Wolf is also better written.

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Plus it has Game Center achievements, that matters to me as neither of the Sorcery games do.

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Ah well, I have Sorcery for now and I'll definately keep Lone Wolf on my radar.
    Thanks for the advice though.

I don't care that much about achievements, but the combat in Lone Wolf does sound good.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Don't get me wrong: Sorcery is a good choice, too. There's also an update coming for Lone Wolf that takes care of some of the issues that some people have complained about (they didn't really affect my gameplay), so it's probably a good thing to wait on that one.

12. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Get both Sorcery, and Lone Wolf series. There is also the Gamebook Adventures series, and Choice of series. Not forgetting the two Sherlpck Holmes games too.

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I picked up Lone Wolf and wow, I was blown away how fun it was.

14. Fuzzymustard

Fuzzymustard New Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Both and...

Each is amazing in its own right.

And I think its worth adding this gem: MIDNIGHT LEGION:

http://kck.st/1ecyt9p

FM