How about Tomb Raider?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by slighmd, May 22, 2009.

1. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Would a tomb raider game be possible for iphone? I mean tomb raider 1 was ported succesfully to the 1st gen n-gage so i think it's possible to make an iDevice tomb raider. They should make one. Any eidos or crystal dynamics people here?

2. malcomjudd

malcomjudd Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    Here...
    yes youre right they should also make tomb raider for iphone and also splinter cell and prince of persia...

:D

3. slighmd

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Yes true. Comparing the hardware of both devices, games like tomb raider would run faster. Not to mention prettier too.

4. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

I played tomb raider on my Sony Ericsson w580i, which only has a fraction of the capabilities of the iPhone. It's definitely possible for iPhone after titles like Assassin's Creed came out, I think one is in the making already.

5. Dr Ashworth

Dr Ashworth Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Who cares, to be honest... Tomb Raider is a pretty old 3d platformer. Maybe for nostalgia, but it would probably serve the same purpose as Pandemonium.

6. fantomik

fantomik Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Poland
    Eidos had some financial problems not so far ago (and it was tied with last Tomb Rider release) so I wouldn't bet if iPhone port is right now in production. But nevertheless I think it would be a nice addition to iPhone gaming experience.

Cheers,
    f.

7. slighmd

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    not really nostalgia, ie the old games. i was thinking of the newer tomb raider games or prince of persia games like TR: Legend and stuff. :)

8. tjccooll

tjccooll Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Tomb Raider port would be awesome!!! Why don't developers read these forums? People really have some good ideas! And if they do read them, they must be ignorant or something.

9. Shush

Shush Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Yeah but its now part of Square Enix, so I assume those money problems are solved. Hmm, I can't imagine some sort of RPG Tomb Raider though.

10. asterisk

asterisk New Member

Jun 5, 2009
    I would love to have tomb rider on my iphone. It's my favourite game.. Would love to buy all ports!

please please please, make it happen!

11. revenstar

revenstar Active Member

Mar 31, 2009

I love the tomb raider too. And the company has been bought by the square Enix(Known for the FF series)

But I hate the action design limitation of the iphone, low degree of accuracy.

I don't want to see Rora always drop into a ravine because of the bad control, that will drive me crazy.:(

12. syipisa

syipisa Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    prince of persia would be definetly nicer...

13. davenowlan

davenowlan New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I would love to buy all tomb rider ports to iphone. it's my number one wishlist game!..