Hotel Dusk-esque Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by lepeos, Feb 11, 2010.

1. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Hey I was was wondering does anyone know if there are any good games similar to Hotel Dusk for the DS, for the iPhone? I read somewhere Phoenix Wright might come out, which would be cool, but I'd prefer it's moody brother!

Or are there any TCG games like YuGiOh or Magic the Gathering? I can't help but feel these two genres of games would be perfectly suited for the platform, and hope there's something similar.

Cheers!

2. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Try Nick Chase.

Phoenix Wright is indeed coming out but I want Ace Attorney: Investigations with Miles Edgeworth!!!!

3. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I heard Orions is a really good TCG but I personally don't know anything about it!

4. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Cheers guys, I bought that Nick Chase there, looked pretty good, I'll take a better look at Orions when I get home too.

Is the Ace Investigations game like the 5th Case from PW1? With all the touch controls and stuff?

5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I've played Nick Chase almost all the way through (there's a glitch in one of the last puzzles that snagged me, and I didn't feel like starting over), but I wouldn't really classify it as being like Hotel Dusk. I'm not sure there really is anything like that on the App Store at the moment.

As for M:TG style games, Orions definitely fits the bill. I think there are a couple more coming out relatively soon as well, but I'm drawing a blank on names at the moment.

6. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    For a good card game try Urban Rivals, the game is free and the only time you need to pay is if you want cards fast but you can get cards playing. Is only online play but is awesome. Orions I donĀ“t have it but looks good too

7. isotrope

isotrope New Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Maybe Moonga might also fit the TCG bill. Free app, MMO. I see they make their money by selling boosters.
    I'm wondering if anyone's tried it.

BTW, thanks guys, I've added Orions to my want list.