Real Racing 3 Tips Collection Thread: Maximizing Play Time for Minimal Dollars

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Eli, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Hey guys,

We're putting together a Real Racing 3 tips article for its US release with the theme of "Hey dudes, here's some tips to maximize your play time with minimal wait and investment." If you guys want to share your favorite tips, we'll include 'em in the article and give you credit for 'em. We're looking for stuff like "Don't bother with the timer to repair your headlights until you're done playing for a while as they can't break twice and have an incredibly small overall impact on your speed."

We've played a lot of Real Racing 3, but I always like including forum input whenever possible on stuff like this.

Thanks!

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Is this your favorite game now?

3. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    To ease some of the maintence timer frustration, I usually service several car parts together even if they are still green, so when I return to the game I can race more the next time before servicing again. I also never service for just brakes, with assistance turned off, coasting around corners and speed control can easily win you the race.

4. FilipAGuy

FilipAGuy Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    #4 FilipAGuy, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    I know it can sounds like joke, but play and do full service (if needed) before you go sleep. Aftet you wake up your garage is ready for racing :)

Rule N1 for me. Add as many friends on Game Center or Facebook as you can. You will earn more money than you would for winning race. More money, more cars you can buy, more time to race, less time to wait.

5. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Don't let your 2 year old play. Especially not with auto acceleration. That car will take weeks to repair.

All kidding aside, get 3-4 cars ASAP. You can play for long sessions after that point.

6. #6 Connector, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    The most important tip that I have is try to get 3 cars as soon as possible to counter the wait timers. Don't bother upgrading, repairing, or servicing your car until you get your third car. This way, you can switch cars once the lenghty wait timers hit, and you will enjoy the game alot more when you have 3 or more cars.

Attached Files:

7. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    when you buy the first car...go for the Nissan Silvia, because it accelerates faster and brakes better than the Focus RS, and then go on upgrading the car instead buying a 2nd car from that same tier...you should save up some money to buy a car from the next level tier of cars.

8. PedroCst

PedroCst Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    1. Have at least three cars, but don't rush on buying them. Get the right ones instead.
    2. NEVER use the Repair now button or other similar to that. Wait instead

9. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Keep in mind that the 3rd, 6th and 9th race in a tier feature a car which is on sale 20% or so off. You only get this offer once each time, so plan ahead when you open more races.

Check in which other tier a car competes, too to get an idea how well it performs

Feature Events seem to offer significant sales for a week now

10. #10 Hoggy110, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    •Always try at least 3 times to get a pole position. If you can't get it, then carry on. If you keep on failing events and you come to an eventual stop in cups, then try another one and save up for a lot of upgrades or the best car in the cup

•Switch to control B as soon as possible, as you can turn corners with just simply tilting your device e.g Indianapolis Speedway

•Don't feel pressured when it comes to the assists. Try one race a different combinations of assissts, and use the one that you are more suited to.

•Add Game Centre friends so you can gain more money

•Never over-estimate a corner. It will likey lead into a wall and your car will have to repair

•Try and get out of the way of AI as soon as possible. Try sliding through the sides. The first few corners can make or break a race, and if you get slammed by the car in front of you, you car will suffer

•Don't bother using gold-coins for wait timers. Save them up for cars or upgrades

•If you have money when a special car deal comes up, take it. When you unlock a race which is car restricted, it will come up with a one-time deal of 20% of. It might not seem much, but add in the benefits of winning the race.

11. This may sound really stupid, but there are times that you may just want to cut through the grass to pass like 10 cars when the ai cars are getting bundled up. While your car will get a little damage from this, you may actually gain more money cause of placing, a faster time, and possibly less overall damage than actually passing the cars on the track. I know the expert players are gonna cringe from my remarks, but it is an option, and it works, especially for beginners.

Attached Files:

12. Change the default camera mode to your favorite. I enjoy the regular car view the most followed by the hood view. On the ipad 3, the cockpit view is sluggish, so make sure you change the camera to outside car view.

Attached Files:

13. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Play Real Racing 2...

14. The Stick

The Stick Member

Feb 15, 2013
    watchmaker
    The first part, that I buy for a new car is the tyres upgrade.
    The tyres are the one and only "interface" between the car and the road!
    For the 2nd upgrade, I chosse that one, that gives me at last a 0.1s faster accelleration! This is mostly the drive train.
    The 3rd upgrade are the breakes!
    Sometimes, I swap upgrade #2 and #3.

Choose your personal "easy win" race! If you need money quickly, drive this race as most as you can.
    Currently, my favorites are 5 laps on Suzuka with the Ford Focus RS (Supafly final, ~$25000) and 4 laps on Mount Panorama (Maplethorpe Tyres Oceanic Cup, ~$16.000) with the Audi TT Roadster.

And don´t forget: Invite friends! You get more money.

15. Have one car designated as a "Grind" car, this car don't try to repair or service this car much, use it as a car to gain coins. This will also help too for wait time issues since you will be repairing and servicing your cars a lot less.

Attached Files:

16. The article using our advice on Toucharcade's Front Page Now!

Holy Mackeral, got quoted 2 times on TA's article today. Wow, I am famous! Hahaha

Good article Eli and writers, didn't expect getting quoted, but good helpful advice for everyone. :)

http://toucharcade.com/2013/02/27/real-racing-3-tips-on-how-to-spend-as-little-real-money-as-possible/

One other piece of advice, experiment with the driver assists in the option menu. Different people have different preferences, many advanced players are saying turn off all the assists except traction control for more speed. But many beginners like them all on to make it feel like more of an arcade game. Play with them a little to see what you prefer.

Attached Files:

17. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    That's a lot of work...for a game that suppose to be fun.

18. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    oh thanks Eli for the mention! Appreciated :)

Agreed

19. Before buying a new car, be sure to not only look at its specs but also at how many events each car has access to. Get the most out of your money!

20. conixjohn

conixjohn Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Designer
    London, UK
    Seeing as in the Pure Stock series, there are Silvia and Focus only races it seems a bit moot which one you buy at the start?! You're gonna need them both in the end anyway!

And the Ford is a better car without mods.

Saying all that, I started out with the Silvia anyway!

Aside from the IAP furore, the thing grinding my gears most is the lack of iCloud support. If you wanted to get really bent out of shape about EA being robbing thieves, how about the fact that not only are they constantly trying to make you fork out cash to progress, but they're doing it on EVERY SINGLE device you install it on!!??