Is it easy to get online with Scrabble???

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by XciteMe83, Aug 22, 2009.

1. XciteMe83

XciteMe83 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Hey I wanna get Scrabble but I've been reading (in reviews) that many people cannot get online or through Facebook.

Is there any online issues?

Oh and, is online play ONLY through Wi-Fi or can I use 3G/Edge? I don't have Wi-Fi at home.

I'd really appreciate the answers/help. Thanks guys! :)

2. P0tent1al

P0tent1al Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    European Account Manager
    United Kingdom
    Hey XciteMe83

I'm afraid I can't answer your Scrabble question, but before the flaming start on this thread, you will need to move this thread from the Game Releases to the General Gaming discussion section of the forums.

Thanks
    :D

3. [app]words with friends[/app] is a good scrabble type app.

It also has a lite version which is free and the full game, but has a lot of ads in it.

You can play against friends, or random people.

It doesn't have any ranking stuff though, so you can end up playing against a variety of skills from awesome to people who can hardly make 3 letter words.

4. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Thanks for that Shen. I'm playing two people simultaneously right now. It's great! I got the lite version. Is it based on US spellings or does it take into account UK spellings too? Too early for me to tell. That's the only thing stopping me purchasing the game and getting rid of all those ads. International Scrabble only has local wifi so this is a real find.

Cheers again:)

5. it seem to use a version of the sowpods dictionary, with a few words missing, like qi.

6. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    That's good news. I might sacrifice my 59p on this right now:)

7. XciteMe83

Aug 20, 2009
    Can somebody answer my second question? Is online play only through wi-fi or can you use Edge/3G

8. XciteMe83

Aug 20, 2009
    PLEASE I'm really in need to know, if I can play Scrabble online with Edge/3G, why can't somebody who owns it just answer me??? I wanna buy it now

9. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    3 Letter Word "Poop", no wait... "Pop"