Zenonia & Inotia 2. AAA Titles?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by donner, Jan 21, 2010.

1. donner

donner Well-Known Member

I'd like to get all of your opinions on this.

Both Zenonia and Inotia 2 are very highly rated RPG's in the app store and here on the forums. But is this high rating only relative to whats now available on the app store? Or are they actually GREAT rpg's overall.

What im getting at is, how do these games stack up against what's available these days on other platforms - more specifically the DS's outstanding rpg offerings?

I'd love to dig into a 40hr long high quality rpg on my iphone, but I only want to dedicate that chunk of time to something that is truly GREAT. Minor quirks dont bug me, but a quality, well thought out, engaging experience is what im looking for with solid gameplay.

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #2 S.I.D. CrAzY, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    I personally don't think these titles match up to the great offerings that the DS has, however I still enjoyed Inotia 2.

It may not be as truly great as some the rpgs on the DS, but it's still a good game. For the price I wouldn't expect a game/RPG as good as a DS game. Rockstar did it with GTA CTW, but I don't think smaller devs are able to do/afford that.

That's not to say that a dev(small or large) won't bring out an RPG that will completely blow everybody away, but for right now the RPG selection is certainly lacking when compared to other platforms.

SE is coming out with FF1 + 2 and while I'm not the biggest fan of the early FF games, they might be the start of something better along the road. Or they might lead to nothing, seeing as SE would release those games on a toaster if they could.

I have nothing nice to say about Zenonia...

3. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Don't get Zenonia unless you love grinding, which is all it is. Hybrid is much better choice.

Inotia 2 is really polished and looks nice. It is a good rpg.

4. donner

donner Well-Known Member

I'm definately looking forward to the day when 4-5 stars arent given out just because 'its the best of what's available'. I can see the day approaching in maybe another year or so, with more titles like GTA and hopefully a slew of Final Fantasy releases, etc etc...

Exciting times though, The app store is really picking up steam. Each quality new release seems to rasie the bar a bit higher as to whats expected out of a 5 star title.

Thank you R*! I hope you make a pile of $$$ and encourage more companies develop their games for the idevice.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Hybrid is better? Really now? Really?

6. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    These are not AAA games, why? Because when you compare them to other RPGs (RPGs for SNES, DS even PSP), they are just average games.

7. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    I know, right?

8. donner

donner Well-Known Member

THANK YOU. You answered my question. That was what I had thought anyways. I'd rather go to my DS to play RPG's untill we get some better titles in the app store.

RPG are too much of a time commitment to waste it on an 'average' one IMHO.

9. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    To me, yes they are. They're just a ton of fun and have a lot of polish on them. While they're not as deep as, say, Final Fantasy, they're really good games, the best the App Store has to offer. So I don't see any reason for not calling them AAA games.

10. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    The Quest could hold it's own on any platform. The two you mentioned are a bit overrated, especially Zenonia, but they're good as far as action rpgs go.