Grokion - $3.99 -> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by syntheticvoid, Jan 15, 2013.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]

Grokion

New and Noteworthy! Top 10 Adventure! Top 50 Action! What's Hot!

The Players have spoken! Read what they have t…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    New and Noteworthy! Top 10 Adventure! Top 50 Action! What's Hot!

The Players have spoken! Read what they have to say...

"This is the best side-scroller I've ever played on the iPhone"- AppVee.com

* "...The Graphics, Level of Detail, and Style is unheard of from indie developers"

-The Dingadergen (YouTube Reviewer)
    -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_nS2bXjPPk

* "Bottom line, if you like Metroidvania games or platformers, this is a ridiculous bargain... This game seems more like something that would go for .99-.99, imo."

-medianotzu (TA Customer Review)

* "This game feels like a megaman or metroid game, but plays like a game all its own!"

-Megasamus1 (Appstore Review)

STUNNING 3D GRAPHICS!
    Explore beautiful environments rendered in 3D.

ULTRA-SMOOTH SIDESCROLLING ACTION
    Experience one of the smoothest 3d-sidescrollers on the Appstore!

ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
    Featuring 17 Original Compositions.

CHALLENGING GAMEPLAY
    Navigate hostile environments and upgrade LDU-1 as you strive to restore balance to the Biosphere!

INVEST IN THE FUTURE OF THE BIOSPHERE!
    Grokion will be released in Episodic fashion. Invest now and receive ongoing expasions to the game at no extra cost! 

GROKION EPISODE 01: INCEPTION

In a global exodus, mankind’s elite abandons earth boarding vessel 144k, the Covenant Ark, on route to the moon in hope of salvation via an experimental lunar biosphere pioneered by Dr. Savain.

The Moon Biosphere Programme, developed to provide habitable atmospheric conditions and an independently sustainable environment on the moon, is largely a mystery – utilizing experimental materials and technologies with power drawn from energy sources of unknown origin.

As the 144k makes way to the biosphere, chaos is erupting - the artificial ecosystem has become unstable, satellites, weapons and technology are failing and previously harmless fauna and flora are mutating into powerful creatures!

You are LDU-1 – a Lunar Defense Unit designed by Dr. Savain and the very last unit standing in a fleet of security bots. Your mission is to find Dr. Savain and restore order to the biosphere before the exiled arrive, enabling them to land safely.

Grokion is an iconic action-adventure game inspired by the dark explorations of Metroid and intense platforming of Mega Man. Entwining brilliant modern game-play mechanics, physics-based puzzles and pure old-school styling, it delivers a nostalgic yet progressive gaming experience.

VISIT US: grokion.com
    FOLLOW US: twitter.com/dododomination
    LIKE US: facebook.com/grokion
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Jun 05, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (20)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

As much as I didn't want to add this one here... for many reasons I'm sure just about all of you know -

This is still a must own iOS game, and for a buck, the hour of entertainment that you'll get out of it is definitely worth it.

2. Psiufoxx

Psiufoxx Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    sustainability consulting
    paris (yeah, the one in france)
    Happy Grokion owner here. In before the price drop :)

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #3 Greyskull, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    The dude in screenshot #3 looks like Jack Black meets Jesus in a wardrobe from Logan's Run.

/obscure?

EDIT: SV, since there won't be any episodic content (free or not), does the game feel disjointed? I mean, does it have the feel of a game left unfinished or is the package presented satisfying enough?

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    What's the reason?

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yup, agree with what SV said. It really bums that no additional content will ever be added, but this is still a great deal for a buck. Probably still one of my favorite platformers.

Played through it, I don't know how many times! :p

6. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    #6 Jibba, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    Edited to remove my comment. My bad.

Anyway, it's a good game but not enough content since the developers forgot about it.

7. Man, can't believe I'm buying so many platformers lately. Never would have reAlized that I was missing so many good titles. I know, you are going to say,

Blasphemy!

So other than that, are there moveable controls, how does it control on my new ipad, and is this a good hdmi tv game?

And of course, is it worth my buck?

8. Was just about to buy this, big problem. It's not universal. Hmmmm.... While I might be able to live with the 2x on tv, really worried about the controls on the ipad cause the iphone controls look so big, anyone have any words of advice?

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I just tried this on my ipad, and if I were you, I'd stay away from it if that's the on,y device you have, or the only device you play games on... The controls are pretty much only suited for iPhone/iPod play

10. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Will it necessarily scale 2x on your TV? Maybe it's an HDMI thing. Here's where my confusion lies: I bought the Chthulu board game (I forget the mame) for iPhone, not the iPad version). Curses! JK. Anyway, it has an Airplay option. When I used that to connect the game on my iPhone 4S with my Apple TV 2, it remained hi-resolution. Same with the iPhone version of Real Racing.

11. Thanks Syntheticvoid.

Greyskull, I use zoom 4x mode on my tv to offset the 2x, so I get no borders on the top or bottom playing 2x games on my ipad. Do you have a zoom 4x mode? Try it and you will pretty much get full screen with all tvs. Airplay is usually fullscreen, mirroring and airplay are completely different, see the hdmi thread. You can ask any of us in there. SV and one of the mods here just got one today! My hdmi revolution has just begun! Next is wireless bluetooth joysticks. Man, the Gameloft duo gamer joystick is sweet. Just like an xbox controller. Anyway, see the hdmi thread, don't want to hijack this thread anymore with talk of hdmi, airplay, or mirroring. :)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=173262

12. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yes, blasphemy! :p

I'd say grab it, but I have no idea how well it plays on iPad...