Universal Junk Jack - (by Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sawyer4325, Aug 29, 2013.

1. RamazAdelphos

RamazAdelphos Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Finally got the money to pick this up (thank mom<3). Will be playing multi player all night because that's the only reason I got it.

2. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I think I figured it out. Did some multiplayer and realized its basically minecraft.....

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah we got it down. Only took us an hour to make bacon.

4. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Yeah, Junk Jack is very similar to Minecraft, if you're used to MC then you'll have little trouble in getting used to this game.

5. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #225 k1lljoy_89, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    Yeah, it feels very familiar

I know right. Also found some purple goo so you know we're legit.

6. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Gulp. This is insanely addictive

7. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Does anyone know how much armor actually helps? Because I just made raw leather feet, chest and legs, but I don't know how they affect the character.

8. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Tap the arrow above the character portrait to bring down a list of current stats. I'm not really sure what they all are, though. I'm assuming the first four are defenses to the different attack types while the red versions are attack bonuses. I'm guessing the others are movement speed, climbing, jump and swimming but I don't have anything that affects those four yet.

I've also got a couple accessories that don't give actual stat bonuses. Not sure if they give a hidden bonus, are used in a recipe or just do nothing, though. One's a Four Leaf Clover(video game logic says it probably boosts luck/drops) and the other's a Gold Essence Amulet which I have no idea about.

9. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Definitely fell in love with the game. So much to do.

Also this has better controls than terraria. Looking forward for the whole JJX updates:)

10. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Yep, that's right. First four are defense boosts, second four are attack boosts followed by Running, climbing, jumping and swimming. Below those will show any additional bonuses such as invulnerability to lava, acid etc..

[​IMG]

The Gold Essence Amulet gives off a glow around the player when equipped (useful for seeing in dark places when you're out of torches ;)
    It also gives other bonuses too if I remember correctly, but I can't remember off the top of my head what those were

11. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    The armor (that I currently have on) affects the percentage of the first 2 things in the first stat column and the first thing in the second stat column.

Is there a wiki for JJX yet? Or is there just one for JJ still?

12. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Ah, I only equipped the essence amulet while in my base, so I wouldn't have noticed a glow haha. It seems really faint, though.

I used a skeleton necklace for awhile and changed it over to a bauble once I could make them. I like the health boosts. Also got a blast helm from a black slime which I absolutely love.

Hoping to get my hands on some sapphires so I can get the glow effect on something, though. That's sapphire's effect right? Is it brighter than the essence amulet or the same?

13. nicodemus82

Yeah, that's right. I'm sure it's about the same brightness. Although it does seem pretty faint, it does come in useful in those pitch black places and the nice thing about it is that it continues to give off light even as you move, unlike torches :)

Here's the effects that gems have on armor that I can remember..

Topaz: breathe underwater
    Ruby: immune to lava
    Emerald: immune to acid
    Sapphire: Emits light around the player even while walking.
    Diamond: 1% extra physical defense. This armor buff can stack.
    Amethyst: I can't remember..

14. miumius

miumius Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Is there chat in multiplayer?

15. nicodemus82

Yes there is (text chat)

16. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    I don't think it has something that compares directly. Enemies do get stronger as you dig down and there are caverns but I don't think there's anything exactly like the underground jungle.

What I don't know is how the new planets will play out. I know from beta footage that they are more dangerous in some ways than good old Terra but I haven't been there myself and don't know how big the difference is.

17. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    Well, the first Junk Jack had lots of underground biomes, including jungles, with enemies in it. I just bought JJX, so I don't know yet if there are any underground biomes, but I would be surprised if there aren't any underground dungeons and biomes like in the first JJ. I'm not sure if the enemies are stronger in those biomes.

18. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    Oh no that's still there, in fact I think JJ has something called underground jungles. But IMHO it's not the same feeling, they're not as expansive and they're not significantly more difficult in terms of enemies. I tend to find chests there, not fights.

Again, I don't know if that changes on other planets.

19. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    Yeh, you're right about that.

I don't know that either, but I'm curious to find that out. I guess I should play it some more to find that out :D

20. sean1997

sean1997 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    what does the craft book IAP do?